Search results

1. Squirrel

1969 Gilson Mini Bike Plate sprocket *help*

New Help Locating a replacement Steel plate sprocket for my 1969 mini bike.. I already ordered the wrong one and having trouble finding the right one. Its a three hole set up.. 2 1/2in apart and 1 inch from the center mount! i have pictures if needed!
  2. Squirrel

Riding a mini in the backcountry of colordo

spark arrestors for a Harbor Fright 5hp clone engine?? Is the engine already equipped with this as long as I have not modified it? Looks like a requirement for Colorado! is this possible to install on these engines if not already part of the stock engine?
  3. Squirrel

Riding a mini in the backcountry of colordo

Curious on what the laws are for Mini bikes in the back-country of Colorado.. Can I have it registered at a dealer for an Out-of-state OHVs.. Anyone ever tried this? Love to use the bike on some light 4x4 trails for free camping..
  4. Squirrel

Thread Lock?? Loctite super glue??

I need a good thread locker to keep my set screws on my new jack shaft from vibrating out.. Loews unfortunately is my best bet and cant find Loctite for threads so i bought Loctite superglue Professional strength. Bad idea?? or will this work for a couple days of really bumpy ranch...
  5. Squirrel

Set screw Size?

AZ1826-10 - Complete Jackshaft Kit 5/8" x 10" misplaced Set Screws for this jack shaft set up.. Anyone know the size of replacements??
  6. Squirrel

'59 B&S Oil leak from fill cap

Appears i have oil leaking slowly through the oil cap. Any clue on why? bad cap? She Starts on one pull and purrs like a kitten. It's an old fart, but just enough power to have fun.
  7. DSC01689

DSC01689

8. Squirrel

Calling All Texas Mini-Bikers

I'm down for some action.. as long as there is beer.:blink: Over here in Austin!!
  9. Squirrel

New from Texas

I think my mini bike would agree... Texas is a great home. Welcome to the site.. It's addicting!:drinkup:
  10. Squirrel

Tail light 4 gilson build

Looking for a tail light that will fit a gilson frame.. Anyone help??
  11. Squirrel

The gilson project

Also on the search for a tail light that will fit the back holes.. About 3/12 in hole to hole for the tail light. I have the original tail light backing but it's in bad shape. Reads on the back JW Speaker Corp 143 Milwaukee WIS
  12. Squirrel

The gilson project

Just thought i would share... Still needs the forks straightened.. remove a little more rust on the bars.. some chrome is damaged beyond repair. Picked up a Tecumseh H50 for penny's on the dollar, ordered new gaskets, muffler, filter. Now i just need a seat. doubt Ill ever find a original...
  13. DSC016391

DSC016391

14. DSC01570

DSC01570

15. DSC016421

DSC016421

16. Squirrel

Another backyard paint job

I was working on a little backyard painting myself... only it's my first and it's not as good. But hell.. I'm going to use it on a 3600 Acre ranch.. So It will see some scratches!!
  17. Squirrel

TECUMSEH Engine questions??

Good call... The engine it self is huge.. I got it for a Hornet Deluxe, no luck with that. too big!!
  18. gilson

gilson

19. Squirrel

TECUMSEH Engine questions??

I picked this up today...fairly cheap. The owner said it had to spark than when i picked it up he said i might need a new magneto.. New to small engines and never seen a TECUMSEH... this thing is huge!!! It's not fitting on a mini bike with the tank so high. Is this a 5hp and can anyone...
  20. - TECUMSEH

- TECUMSEH