Search results

1. Squirrel

1969 Gilson Mini Bike Plate sprocket *help*

New Help Locating a replacement Steel plate sprocket for my 1969 mini bike.. I already ordered the wrong one and having trouble finding the right one. Its a three hole set up.. 2 1/2in apart and 1 inch from the center mount! i have pictures if needed!
  2. Squirrel

Riding a mini in the backcountry of colordo

Curious on what the laws are for Mini bikes in the back-country of Colorado.. Can I have it registered at a dealer for an Out-of-state OHVs.. Anyone ever tried this? Love to use the bike on some light 4x4 trails for free camping..
  3. Squirrel

Thread Lock?? Loctite super glue??

I need a good thread locker to keep my set screws on my new jack shaft from vibrating out.. Loews unfortunately is my best bet and cant find Loctite for threads so i bought Loctite superglue Professional strength. Bad idea?? or will this work for a couple days of really bumpy ranch...
  4. Squirrel

Set screw Size?

AZ1826-10 - Complete Jackshaft Kit 5/8" x 10" misplaced Set Screws for this jack shaft set up.. Anyone know the size of replacements??
  5. Squirrel

'59 B&S Oil leak from fill cap

Appears i have oil leaking slowly through the oil cap. Any clue on why? bad cap? She Starts on one pull and purrs like a kitten. It's an old fart, but just enough power to have fun.
  6. Squirrel

Tail light 4 gilson build

Looking for a tail light that will fit a gilson frame.. Anyone help??
  7. Squirrel

The gilson project

Just thought i would share... Still needs the forks straightened.. remove a little more rust on the bars.. some chrome is damaged beyond repair. Picked up a Tecumseh H50 for penny's on the dollar, ordered new gaskets, muffler, filter. Now i just need a seat. doubt Ill ever find a original...
  8. Squirrel

TECUMSEH Engine questions??

I picked this up today...fairly cheap. The owner said it had to spark than when i picked it up he said i might need a new magneto.. New to small engines and never seen a TECUMSEH... this thing is huge!!! It's not fitting on a mini bike with the tank so high. Is this a 5hp and can anyone...
  9. Squirrel

How much PAINT/ Primer???

I have 3 frames to paint + forks and parts.. # 1 Gilson # 2 Hornet Hard-tail Deluxe # 3 Sears Runabout How much Primer and spray paint should I purchase. 2 cans spray paint per frame + one primer??
  10. Squirrel

Found a K&S Hornet Delux

Very happy to score this one... I also own it's little sister. I Spent the day stripping it down, have everything except the chain guard and engine. i hope to have it sandblasted soon. Bent Forks!!!:censure: Just a little, any ideas on re-straightening.. i also have a set of gilson forks...
  11. Squirrel

B&S 3hp or less?????

Picked up this engine for a smaller project for the girlfriend.. I watched the same engine sell on e-bay for 109 + 35 shipping.. The seller said maybe 3hp but he was not sure. i paid what the buyer paid for shipping. 3hp or less??:shrug:
  12. Squirrel

COMET clutch help please.. Year /Model??

I bought an old Montgomery ward Gilson Mini bike roller.. I'm a newbie to the Mini bike addiction and hit it hard with 5 frames. I have No engine experience or mechanics, so i got a lot of questions. The old Gilson Came with a comet clutch and jack shaft.. I'm also would like to know if I'm...
  13. Squirrel

Briggs 5hp to buy or not to buy...

I found an old 5hp Briggs on a chipper on Craig for $100.. The guy was overwhelmed with e-mails for it so he raised the price up to 160:thefinger:. I talked him down to $130.. Its either Briggs or $99 clone from Harbor freight for my Gilson project. I'm going to buy it regardless just...
  14. Squirrel

Wheel Bearings HELP!!!!

I have a frame with 1/2 inch axle width.. i have some 5/8 bored bearings in my current rims for a 5/8 style axle.. Is there a 1/2 inch bearing that will fit the rim that i can switch too?? I have found 1/2 bearing online just want to make sure they will fit. Thanks
  15. Squirrel

Find wheel bearings for a mini bike

I cant figure out where the best place to find bearings in Austin,TX Automotive stores Lawnmower repair Scooter stores??? I know you can find them online, i just want them Now!!! Anyone have any idea where the best place to look is.
  16. Squirrel

Ned Answers on Buying correct clutch

Do i need a clutch with a 3/4" shaft & 3/16" keyway or a 5/8" For a HF Blue $99 Engine.. Thanks
  17. Squirrel

And Another new ride.. help

Another find for $25
  18. Squirrel

Another find.. Need some help on this one!

Picked this up for $25... The seller offered to sand blast it and paint for a six pack.. killer find!!! Any Idea??
  19. Squirrel

Curious if it's got a name.. First time builder/ rider

Anyone got a name for this mini.. Frame is mine, the full bike I found in Unknown members pictures. -thanks