Search results

1. drenchedgremlin

Why is my Taco 22 scrub brake pedal nearly scrape the ground?

Brand new, the wheels are tristar 5" rims with caristle 4.10-5 tires, pretty sure theyre the same size as originals
  2. drenchedgremlin

Why is my Taco 22 scrub brake pedal nearly scrape the ground?

I built a taco 22 with original scrub brake. But the first time I went to brake I noticed the pedal is very close to the ground when I press it hard enough to actually stop well. It scraped my brand new pedal cover. It has 5" rims. What can I do to fix this, I am just very confused because I...
  3. drenchedgremlin

Briggs 3hp decal placement measurements for taco 22

I have been finally finishing up the small things on my taco 22 build. I had fixed up a briggs late 70s 3hp and ordered the original decals for the engine that was on a taco 22. So i am going for the same look as a late 60s briggs 3hp. Im not sure how exact ill be able to get the decals, but was...
  4. drenchedgremlin

Wheel Spacer sizes for Taco 22 with tristar wheels

Have a taco 22 with tristar wheels I built. I have 1.5" spacers on each side of the tristar rims. It has a briggs 3hp. Anyone know the spacer sizes on each side of the rim (sprocket side & other side), In order for the chain to line up? I don't have washers to test it out so I wanted to see if...
  5. drenchedgremlin

Mounting taco clucth cover?

Couldn't find an answer to this so figured someone may be able to help. I want to mount my taco 22 clutch cover. Does anyone have details on what kind of bracket to use and/or where to mount the bracket to the cover, so it is positioned as accurate as possible? I want to make sure I do this...
  6. drenchedgremlin

Mounting taco 22 clutch cover?

Couldn't find an answer to this so figured someone may be able to help. I want to mount my taco 22 clutch cover. does anyone have any details on what kind of bracket to use and where the bracket to the cover so it is positioned as accurate as possible? I want to make sure I do this correctly the...
  7. drenchedgremlin

briggs flathead clutch bolt size

I have a 3hp briggs and was wondering if someone could tell me the size of bolt I would need for the end of the shaft to hold clutch on. Ive always used a bolt and washer on the end of my other motors, but would a set screw in the clutch, alone, hold it on fine if I can't find a bolt at the...
  8. drenchedgremlin

Question about 3hp flathead governor plate

This is all I needed to know, Thank you so much for your help and time! -Drenchedgremlin
  9. drenchedgremlin

Question about 3hp flathead governor plate

I had a question. I am getting a 3hp flathead fixed up to go onto a taco 22. I replaced the points coil with a magneto. The hinge plate that is supposedly (a governor device") was hooked into the old coil to keep it in place but the new coil doesn't have the pegs to hook it onto. Can I just rig...
  10. drenchedgremlin

Wheel Spacer and axle sizes for taco 22?

Okay thanks for the pointers. Do you know if having the rear wheel offset causes quicker tire wear? I always thought it did but I'm not sure
  11. drenchedgremlin

Wheel Spacer and axle sizes for taco 22?

i am building my taco 22 frame with fresh tristar wheels, & need to get axles and spacers. Can anyone tell me the exact size of spacers you have on each side of the wheels (front and rear)? I have the drum brake edition 22, but i don't think ill be adding one since I don't like them very much...
  12. drenchedgremlin

Buying pipes frome hardware store for briggs header?

Glad i asked, didn't even think about that. I would need to make a bracket i suppose
  13. drenchedgremlin

Briggs 5hp i/c help. Need valve lash & it won't turn over more than once per pull

The lash was perfect & true, i probably will lap them. Thanks for the suggestion
  14. drenchedgremlin

Briggs 5hp i/c help. Need valve lash & it won't turn over more than once per pull

Great, I got the motor Up & running last night, just threw in some valves off another 5hp & started right up after cleaning up the carb & bit & replacing the gaskets as well. Thanks for your helps guys. I am really learning a lot
  15. drenchedgremlin

Buying pipes frome hardware store for briggs header?

I was just wondering if anyone buys threaded pipes from the hardware store for their briggs flathead? I assumed it would work without an issue but i couldn't find any actual info on it except for one person briefly mentioned it on a thread that i saw.
  16. drenchedgremlin

Thanks, I used to think that it was supposed to be directly at tdc that you measure the lash. The way that i measured was from the top of the piston to the top edge of the cylinder using the slide out part of a caliper tool. & that makes sense, i will have to give that a try next time.
  17. drenchedgremlin

since it is a regular briggs flathead style and not an ohv, will i have to start with new valves since the gap is too much? I know there are other ways such as seating the valve a bit lower, but i think that may be beyond my capabilities so i would like to go the easiest route. If i can go the...
  18. drenchedgremlin

thanks guys. I measured the lash today. I think it may be pretty far off. the engine model # is 132432 i found the lash specs for the 130000 series. (130000 L-Head Aluminum/Cast Sleeve Single Cylinder intake .005 / .007 exhaust .009 / .011) i measured it at 1/4" past tdc ( someone told me thats...