Search results

1. drenchedgremlin

Why is my Taco 22 scrub brake pedal nearly scrape the ground?

I built a taco 22 with original scrub brake. But the first time I went to brake I noticed the pedal is very close to the ground when I press it hard enough to actually stop well. It scraped my brand new pedal cover. It has 5" rims. What can I do to fix this, I am just very confused because I...
  2. drenchedgremlin

Briggs 3hp decal placement measurements for taco 22

I have been finally finishing up the small things on my taco 22 build. I had fixed up a briggs late 70s 3hp and ordered the original decals for the engine that was on a taco 22. So i am going for the same look as a late 60s briggs 3hp. Im not sure how exact ill be able to get the decals, but was...
  3. drenchedgremlin

Wheel Spacer sizes for Taco 22 with tristar wheels

Have a taco 22 with tristar wheels I built. I have 1.5" spacers on each side of the tristar rims. It has a briggs 3hp. Anyone know the spacer sizes on each side of the rim (sprocket side & other side), In order for the chain to line up? I don't have washers to test it out so I wanted to see if...
  4. drenchedgremlin

Mounting taco clucth cover?

Couldn't find an answer to this so figured someone may be able to help. I want to mount my taco 22 clutch cover. Does anyone have details on what kind of bracket to use and/or where to mount the bracket to the cover, so it is positioned as accurate as possible? I want to make sure I do this...
  5. drenchedgremlin

Mounting taco 22 clutch cover?

Couldn't find an answer to this so figured someone may be able to help. I want to mount my taco 22 clutch cover. does anyone have any details on what kind of bracket to use and where the bracket to the cover so it is positioned as accurate as possible? I want to make sure I do this correctly the...
  6. drenchedgremlin

briggs flathead clutch bolt size

I have a 3hp briggs and was wondering if someone could tell me the size of bolt I would need for the end of the shaft to hold clutch on. Ive always used a bolt and washer on the end of my other motors, but would a set screw in the clutch, alone, hold it on fine if I can't find a bolt at the...
  7. drenchedgremlin

Question about 3hp flathead governor plate

I had a question. I am getting a 3hp flathead fixed up to go onto a taco 22. I replaced the points coil with a magneto. The hinge plate that is supposedly (a governor device") was hooked into the old coil to keep it in place but the new coil doesn't have the pegs to hook it onto. Can I just rig...
  8. drenchedgremlin

Wheel Spacer and axle sizes for taco 22?

i am building my taco 22 frame with fresh tristar wheels, & need to get axles and spacers. Can anyone tell me the exact size of spacers you have on each side of the wheels (front and rear)? I have the drum brake edition 22, but i don't think ill be adding one since I don't like them very much...
  9. drenchedgremlin

Buying pipes frome hardware store for briggs header?

I was just wondering if anyone buys threaded pipes from the hardware store for their briggs flathead? I assumed it would work without an issue but i couldn't find any actual info on it except for one person briefly mentioned it on a thread that i saw.
  10. drenchedgremlin

Briggs 5hp i/c help. Need valve lash & it won't turn over more than once per pull

Working on a 5hp I/c. first thing I noticed when I got it is that the pull cord only turns it over once & it is very hard to pull & it has way too much compression. Ive delt with that before on a predator but it was the compression release on the cam. I don't think these briggs have that. I...
  11. drenchedgremlin

Feeler guage, compression tester for briggs engines?

Hello. I would like to invest in a few tools. I want a feeler guage set that i can use for 2-5hp briggs. will a .0015 thru .035 tool include the sizes needed? Also Looking to get a compression tester. What is the best compression testing tool that i can buy for the price. Do i need a special one...
  12. drenchedgremlin

Blow out cause sheared flywheel?!

Hello. So i am having a bit of an issue with my titan clone motor. It has a mikuni & governor removed. I was riding around on it , & was accelerating from a stop when my tire blew out and i felt the bike immediately skid to a stop & the motor died. I wheeled it home, thinking nothing of it & put...
  13. drenchedgremlin

WANTED Briggs 3hp

I am looking for briggs 3hp. Preferably the correct motor for a 67 or 68 taco 44. Let me know what you have, Send pictures and lmk how much you would like shipped. My zip code is 95608. From the Sacramento area of California. I can drive to pick it up if you are within a few hours away.
  14. drenchedgremlin

New carb now Motor loses power randomly

I have a tecumseh power sport 6hp. It was running really good except it was pretty hard to start so i replaced it with a chinese clone carb instead of another one of those primer bulb tecumseh carbs. I put the new carb on and it started up 2nd pull so i was satisfied with the results until i...
  15. drenchedgremlin

Governor removal. Have to take out flywheel side pin?

I removed my governor and plugged the hole on the top of the crank case, sealed up the sidecover and put it back on my bike. Then i heard someone mentioning that you have to take the pin that the governor is attached to on The side of the flywheel, out. Is this absolutely necessary? It cant come...
  16. drenchedgremlin

Wanted : a single Taco Fork Leg

I picked up a taco 44 today. Need one fork leg. Please pm if you have one. :)
  17. drenchedgremlin

Is this taco worth restoring?

Someone has this taco they want to sell. It is in rough shape but he says there is no bends that he can see and it doesn't look like there is any non factory welds. I think there is some holes drilled that would need to be filled. I have the rear shocks for it already. I am just wondering if you...
  18. drenchedgremlin

Need help with wiring coil to points o briggs.

Have a 80202 briggs 3hp that I am trying to fix. It wasn't getting spark so I was learning about points. noticed when I got it there were 3 little wires coming off the coil. they weren't connected to anything. and there was another cord coming out of the points compartment. let me know how I can...
  19. drenchedgremlin

blowout on a jerry rigged bike, need tube advice

I had a blowout on the front tire of this kal kart i bought a while back. The valve stem broke clean off. Things about the bike were jerry rigged. There was some funky stuff going on with the wheels bearing wise, but i never took a close look at the tires or tubes. I just bought it and was...
  20. drenchedgremlin

IS this azusa a good value?

I was offered up an Azusa today with a titan motor & the mikuni, fatty pipe, aluminum gas tank. Everything looks brand new. I love the look of it, & would definitely have some fun with it, should I choose to purchase. Just not sure how well these things hold their value. It is 500 & I know it...