Search results

1. K

Cleaning aluminum

What are you guys using to clean aluminum? I have some Rupp wheels that have turned white,I can put them in the bead blaster,but if there is something I can soak them in and remove the corrosion I would rather.I know that on some old car parts,namely zinc and aluminum tag plates,I soak them in...
  2. K

Nice Powerdyne seat

It is 8X12X3 inches thick.
  3. K

Nice Powerdyne seat

Real nice seat from an old Powerdyne.No splits,tears,warts or scrapes.Still soft and pliable,not hardened up.Plywood is good with good threaded nutserts.Just needs a good cleaning and will be good to go.$50.mailed to you in the lower 48.
  4. K

Go power wheels

Sold,pending payment.Thanks.
  5. K

Go power wheels

Pair of pretty nice Go-Power wheels.5 inch,no denting or scuffing,the rear has a little pitting on the inside ridge.Rear has a sprocket.I have NOT tried to take these apart,so the allen head screws are not stripped or rounded out.The tires look to be nearly perfect,they are General Jumbo...
  6. K

New Cat 250x survivor

Almost a twin to mine.Mine came with a 2-1/2 Tecumseh,welded footpegs,and a disc brake.I would have preferred a scrub.Mine is a 69.My numbers weren't too clear after sandblasting,but somebody looked at it with a light,mirror,and a magnifying glass.The first number jumped out as a 9.I've put it...
  7. K

What is it?

I've been thinking about it,not sure what I want to do.I've had a lot of people contacting me with legit and honest offers since I posted trying to find out what it is.I've had a LOT more telling me the wheels are of no more value than any other kinds of wheels.$25.seems to be the value to...
  8. K

What is it?

Both wheels are 5 inch.Tires are 3.50/4.10 X 5.The two halves of the wheels are held together with three allen head screws.The family that owned the bike had bunches of minis in the early 70's,and the boys were all tinkerers so who knows what part wound up on what bike over the years.I guess I'd...
  9. K

What is it?

I'll go out and check the rear wheel.The front is a 5 inch,the rear is the same design,but I didn't actually check the size.They actually look to be in real nice condition,The aluminum is dirty,but not white from corrosion.Are those wheels something special?It looks as if it did have a jackshaft...
  10. K

What is it?

Just gave it a closer look before stashing it away in the shed.I thought it may have had a disc brake because of the holes in the rear axle mounting tab.Both sides have them,so I don't know.The sprocket looks to have a drum surface molded into it,but if the wheels are not original it would still...
  11. K

What is it?

Now that the pictures went through I'll give some details.It had a disc brake at one time,the original pegs toward the rear change from round stock where they mount on the frame to square a little bit out.The homemade brake is kind of funky,it is operated from either side.Both that and the added...
  12. K

What is it?

What is this one? I'll give some details when I find out if my posts are going through or not.
  13. K

Sensational latest find

Did all the Mike Bikes have that pointed joint in the frame at the rear axle? My friend bought a new 68,and I just thought it was a frame made of two identical loops,like my Cat.I just don't remember that sharp joint in the frame.Now,it has been over 40 years,so I could be all wrong,but we did...
  14. K

Rupp rascal..I think

I believe I do have a picture.If it doesn't come through here you can find one by looking up my posts.Let's see if this works.
  15. K

Rupp rascal..I think

The turbine wheels on my Rascal are badly pitted too.I bead blasted them,and painted them with Hammerite paint.If you didn't know what is really correct you wouldn't know the difference.
  16. K

Sensational latest find

My friend bought one of those new in 1968.The Merrimac Farmers exchange stores here sold them,also the Agway stores.Every farm kid got a Sensation Mike bike.They could just add a few dollars a week to the feed bill and take one home.They were known for breaking at the down tubes about 6 inches...
  17. K

Ok i give up what is this!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you will find that to be a starter sprocket for something.Lots of older things used a setup like that.Old Honda's come to mind.The old twins used that exact design.I have an old 305 and an old 350 apart right now,except for the size that could be what I am looking at here.They use a...
  18. K

Ever see a Cat like this??

Another couple,after paint,but before engine.My original engine got trashed in the early 70's,but I did have a milk crate full of parts from it I used on the replacement one.Air filter housing,carb,ignition,clutch.I also had the seat recovered using the original plywood and seat foam.
  19. K

Ever see a Cat like this??

The one posted before is mine.It is a 69,with weld on pegs,the disc brake,and had a 2-1/2 Tecumseh on it.I just repainted it and kept the tag off the clutch cover.It says 250X.I guess it wasn't supposed to have the Tecumseh and the disc brake in those years,but I bought it new that way.Mine was...
  20. K

The "Silver Paint " Tecumseh Question

Silver Tecumseh My Rupp Rascal has the original(to it)engine and tank,with original silver paint.You can't see it in this picture,but there is a decal on the top that says Rascal.My mother got it new,I'm thinking it was around 1971.