Search results

1. K

Cleaning aluminum

What are you guys using to clean aluminum? I have some Rupp wheels that have turned white,I can put them in the bead blaster,but if there is something I can soak them in and remove the corrosion I would rather.I know that on some old car parts,namely zinc and aluminum tag plates,I soak them in...
  2. K

Nice Powerdyne seat

Real nice seat from an old Powerdyne.No splits,tears,warts or scrapes.Still soft and pliable,not hardened up.Plywood is good with good threaded nutserts.Just needs a good cleaning and will be good to go.$50.mailed to you in the lower 48.
  3. K

Go power wheels

Pair of pretty nice Go-Power wheels.5 inch,no denting or scuffing,the rear has a little pitting on the inside ridge.Rear has a sprocket.I have NOT tried to take these apart,so the allen head screws are not stripped or rounded out.The tires look to be nearly perfect,they are General Jumbo...
  4. K

What is it?

What is this one? I'll give some details when I find out if my posts are going through or not.
  5. K

Rupp Rascal

Now that I've finished the Cat I can redo the old Rupp.My mother won this in a penny sale in 70?71? I never rode it because I had my Cat and then I had my license,when I rode a real motorcycle I never rode the mini bike again.My sisters rode the wheels off this Rupp,then 15 years later their...
  6. K

My restored Cat

Finished picture of the Cat I just did over.I bought this new in early 69,I remember snow was still on the ground and I couldn't ride it.I used the 2-1/2 horse Tecumseh it came with.I used BSA kickstarter rubbers for the footpegs.Seat is original foam,plywood,with a new cover.
  7. K

First ride on old Cat.

Rode my old 1969 Cat 250X today for the first time since 1972.I restored it because I bought it new,had a lot of fun with it,and I like redoing the simple things.After redoing old cars from the ground up for 35 years,I like these kinds of things where I can do a complete frame up in a few days...
  8. K

Non-chopper Chargers

I've been trying to find pictures of the Charger mini-bikes,but all I'm finding are choppers.The Farmall dealer in town sold them,but the son said they never had a chopper there.What none of us can remember if Charger was the name of the bike,or just the model.The son said they only had one...
  9. K

KH 200 M caliper part

Looking for the rear part of a caliper,it is the KH 200 M to fit a Cat.Somebody here sold me a nice outside,or actuating half,but the rear was ground down rather crudely to take up slack.I can mill it and make a spacer,but if I can find the part I would rather. I have no clue how this picture of...
  10. K

Rupp Rascal brake picture

I'm looking for a picture of the Rupp Rascal scrub brake.I need to make one up,and would like to keep it original looking.My sisters rode the wheels off this thing in the early 70's,they used it so much the brake wore off and would stick into the tire.20 years later their kids were riding the...
  11. K

Rupp scrub brake

Looking for a scrub brake for a Rupp Rascal.I'm a welder and can make one,I just figured I would see if there are any out there for a reasonable price.Reply or PM me with price,location,shipping cost,etc.Thanks.
  12. K

Rupp color code

Does anybody have a color code for the purple used on a Rupp Rascal,71-72? The paint jobber I use will mix me a quart of the old Dodge color,plum crazy in urethane,but if I can be more accurate I will.I can cross from almost any brand of paint.It looks to be a little more pale than the plum...
  13. K

Cat brake caliper

Looking for a brake caliper for a Cat 250X. It is a KH ,200M.I have one in pieces,but it looks like kids have ground the two halves down to take up the pad wear.Thanks.
  14. K

Cat kickstand wanted

Looking for a kickstand for a Cat 250X.I bought one from a fellow here a year or two back,but it does not fit the Cat.It does fit my old Rupp so I lucked out.I have been told to specify that the Cat has an indent under the motor for the bolts,and that it has welded on footpegs and disc brake,not...
  15. K

What held the switch plate on a Cat?

I made a switch plate for my Cat,just like the original,it was just ahead of the seat.I just can't remember what held it on there in the first place.Mine was just a narrow piece of aluminum,but I've seen others that that looked to be 6 or more inches long.
  16. K

Cat clutch cover

I'm trying to remember what held the clutch cover on the Cat 250.I think it was two cheezo pieces of strap,with an L bent on each end with holes for the bolts.Unless they improved it I will wind up making something entirely different.Mine vibrated and broke off within a couple of weeks when it...
  17. K

Clutch question

I was putting the engine back on my Cat 250 and pulled the clutch out of the box to fit the chain and guard.I bought it many,many years ago,and never opened the box before.What I have is a Hillard extreme duty clutch.My original clutch was a skinny thing with two shoes.This Hillard is wider with...
  18. K

2-1/2 HP Tecumseh governer

I'm getting ready to hook up the throttle on my old 2-1/2 horse Tecumseh.The return spring on the bell crank is broken,but I can get around that.What I need to know is the position the governor arm and throttle is supposed to be in at rest.I know on some things the throttle is wide open until...
  19. K

Cat on-off switch plate

Does anybody make/have a flat on-off switch plate for a Cat 250X? This is just a flat plate of bent aluminum,conforming to the top of the frame in front of the seat.Marked on-off.A couple of people have told me they had one,but the pictures they sent shows a long,flat,square edge panel.I can...
  20. K

Different makes of mini bikes

While looking around here I see a lot of Cats.Where I live I have never seen another one,just the one I own.There were a couple on the floor of the store where I got mine,but that was it.Not one kid here ever saw,or heard of a Cat back then.I thought I had an oddball,or an orphan.With everybody...