Search results

1. MB165

Spark plug "heat" questions....

Hey rob, switching wont make any difference in performance. The bpr5es one notch "hotter" so it may help burn off extra carbon. keep in mind how much the engine gets loaded down and brought up to full power and temp. if your just putting around with a lot of idling the bpr5 may run cleaner (even...
  2. MB165

Manco Thunderbird

Custom manco thunderbird in granny smith green metallic. Runs great, rebuilt 3.5 Tecumseh. selling to get my son something bigger his knees hit the handle bars. $600obo, Baltimore, md. shipping not included, if you have a commercial account, I may be able to break it down into ups-able size boxes.
  3. MB165

Briggs 5hp for sale

Briggs 5 hp, This is a late 70s generator spec. the crank was machined to 3/4" threaded and keyway added. My son ran this on his manco at windber last year. runs good, standard ignition, leaks a little oil. clutch not included $65 from Baltimore, md. plus shipping
  4. MB165

VM22/ Mikuni Type 3 Throttle Cable Adapter?

what up.....check motion pro maybe a 05-0040, maybe you can use it to make one....
  5. MB165

5hp briggs crankshaft

wanted: 5hp briggs crankshaft for my leaf vac..... 3/4", 1"pto and 7/8" flw. journals :thumbsup:
  6. MB165

Windber mini bike reunion 2018

I had to print mine too.....
  7. MB165

Brakes locking up

did you replace the shoes? The linings may be worn to the point the brake cam cannot reset itself when the brakes are released. maybe look over the brake cable and any springs.
  8. MB165

Tecumseh Model

if you end up swapping it out...post the tapered one up for sale, those can be repurposed, recut/ keyed to 3/4"od its not worth much but it is a good core
  9. MB165

H25-35 connecting rods, which do you preffer

good ol' Dura-lock bolts and machined serrations at the mating surfaces, never had a issue with them once. I prefer the stud & nut setup, especially for reuse. plus theres a little room to play with clearance, sanding the cap surfaces for worn crankpins. be careful with those import pot metal...
  10. MB165

Post your motorcycles!

nice bikes guys, I finished this one last year, 1985 CR500r first year water cooled.
  11. MB165

Feeler guage, compression tester for briggs engines?

if your getting into working on these little engines seriously consider buying a leak down tester, its a good way to look into a engine without pulling it down. if you eventually get any newer pull start engines, they are equipped with compression releases necessitating either spinning the...
  12. MB165

wanted new style baja triples

Looking for a set of these triple trees: id be willing to purchase outright or trade my existing triples running XR80 forks.
  13. MB165

JLO 230 flywheel question

is the point cam attached to the flywheel? post up a photo if you can
  14. MB165

JLO 230 flywheel question

are there any rust marks on the crank near the keyways or the flywheel where it looks like the key contacted it? or line up the point cam in relation to tdc (points opening)
  15. MB165

Briggs off Craftsman Snowblower ID

that's a unique spec. looks like the pto shaft is slightly longer than a standard engine....no biggie, the model numbers are on the silver air shield or the pull starter housing. briggs make a cap to cover dipstick hole p/n 691363. the flywheel and housing may be wider than usuall, to...
  16. MB165

Oregon carburetors? Any Good?

Oregon used to be silver streak mfg. engine parts are imported, unless Oregon has improved quality, they are substandard.
  17. MB165

Yamaha rt100 won't rev!

china carb, you should certainly open it up and check the jets. they may be properly marked and drilled wrong, or vice versa, or not marked at all. stock sizes are main= 140, pilot = 17.5, the needle jet and jet needle only come up as part numbers, even if they are off you should still be able...
  18. MB165

Predator 212 knock after installing ARC Flywheel

hopefully its not the rod, you could verify by putting the old wheel back on...I wonder if it could it be the magnet moving up against the roll pins as it passes the coil? I have a arc flywheel that makes noise, its the magnet only noticeable at idle. there is more advance built into the arc...
  19. MB165

Wiseco Piston Cylinder Wall Clearance

yeah that's weird, like it came from the factory 20 over? is the old piston marked 20 over?
  20. MB165

Yamaha rt100 won't rev!

most likely, the carb needs to be jetted, main jet is too rich what number is in it?