Search results

1. X

Honda 50 not running right

Well, I haven't done a compression check. I will have to do that. The entire top end is brand new so I am initially thinking it should be ok, but perhaps something isn't sealed well. It starts no problem, it just doesn't like to run much past low to mid throttle. Wouldn't low compression...
  2. X

Honda 50 not running right

So this is my first Honda. I bought this for my son as I have always thought it would be a great starter bike. When it got it, it didn't run quite right. It smoked real bad. Long story short, I replaced with new parts the entire top end, piston & rings, and carb. I can get it to run, but it...
  3. X

Bird Terra Torque

pm sent.
  4. X

Bird Terra Torque

I don't know, but that would be a super long way. I would bet the shipping would be $500 or more. I could be wrong though. I put it on craigslist about five minutes ago. We'll see what happens there I guess.
  5. X

Bird Terra Torque

Ok, one other update. I just learned about UShip and it sounds easy enough. If someone is interested who would need it shipped and would want to set it up through UShip I would entertain the idea.
  6. X

Bird Terra Torque

Still available. Here is a link to pics: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8862A1D59E4AA108!420&authkey=!AP40c1oy-3XJiCY&ithint=folder%2c
  7. X

Bird Terra Torque

Guys, I have finally decided to bite the bullet and part with this Bird Terra Torque. I like this bike because it is a real nice ride. Very comfortable to ride, seat is very comfy and it is sized quite well for an adult. It has an original 4HP Tecumseh and the original comet transmission on...
  8. X

Rupp sticker location

I am restoring a hustler and have a sticker set, but which sticker goes on the air filter housing and which one goes on the rear tube immediately behind the engine? I have two that make mention of not running this with the guard removed (one of which I know goes on the chaing guard). I have...
  9. X

anybody UP for some riding

Oh man, I wish I had known about this earlier, I might have been able to make it happen. Perhaps next year if you do it again. It would have worked out great too because I still have a tilly carb that Chatten needs to get from me.
  10. X

WTB, Bird Terra Torque

I am very seriously considering selling mine. All original, totally complete except for the clutch guard cover which is nothing more than a TAV30 plastic cover, very available. Reply to this if interested, I need to clear out my inbox as it is very very full before I can receive pm's.
  11. X

HS40 ignition ?

So I have a HS40 with the coil under the flywheel. So how would I go about making sure the gap is appropriate between the magnet and the armature if it is underneath? This is the first engine I have worked on with the coil underneath the flywheel. I have mostly worked on briggs in the past...
  12. X

Rupp HS40 intake

thank you sir.
  13. X

Rupp HS40 intake

Can anyone tell me whether the intake for a HS40 would have been painted black with the rest of the engine on a '72 Rupp? I see some where it is painted and others where it looks like it is left as bare metal. I am not going to paint the carb, but I am uncertain on the intake. Anyone know?
  14. X

CEV speedometer for sale

Analog, I do not have the related cable. $15 plus shipping.
  15. X

Rupp items for sale

All sold except rubbers.
  16. X

Chrome Rupp Black Widow Pipe

Sale pending.
  17. X

A Survival Story.......Fox Doodlbug

Mark, any chance you have a pic of the rear brake switch that originally went on that? I might have one.
  18. X

CEV speedometer for sale

Forgot pics
  19. X

Tilly HL292b

This item is no longer for sale.
  20. X

CEV speedometer for sale

I have a brand new CEV speedometer for sale. I am not sure what this was for, but it is nice. $20 plus shipping. Pm me if interested. Paypal preferred, will take M.O.'s.