Search results

1. jandj

WTB Rupp Turbine rear

Outer can be ugly as long as inner is good. A friend also needs 1 if a pair are available.
  2. jandj

Need an outer Manco half....

...5" rim, live axle. Anyone got one?
  3. jandj

Manco 5" keyed wheels

I know they're rare, but I'm fixin' my Dart Kart to be a goer not a shower and as I have a good set of Manco wheels to use for the front I'd like to run 'em on the the back as well. Got to be cheaper than Rupp turbines.... i've seen 'em here once in awhile, anyone got a pair?
  4. jandj

Took her to the track today....

First kart on the track this year (1/10 mile dirt backyard oval), track hasn't been cut or graded yet so it was a bit rough where there was still some grass on the straights but the kart ran good. Found out a couple things: Need a seat that does a better job of keeping me from sliding forward...
  5. jandj

Briggs tank& carb, live axle

Need to sell some stuff so I can buy more stuff. 5 HP Gas tank (Engine Model 130202) I bought off evilbay but don't need. Clean inside. Pulsa-Jet carb has been disassembled, cleaned & put back. New fuel diaphragm & gaskets. Ran good. Raptor throttle link in pic doesn't come w/it, stock arm back...
  6. jandj

Yet anpther exhaust question

Going with remote fuel tank, need to replace stock muffler for added clearance on the pulse line. Majority of Kart use will be done in reasonable proximity to civilization so I need as quiet as possible, realizing it'll be louder than what I've got now. Other than replacing the air filter and...
  7. jandj

It's good to have friends...

So this afternoon I went over to a bud from way back who said he may have a few parts I need. Came away with a free aluminum fuel tank and a pulse pump. While there I told him about the Briggs I had originally planned to use being trashed. He said "follow me". Out to the garage where he has...
  8. jandj

HF Clone pulse fitting question

I know they make pulse fittings that thread into (one of) the oil fill holes for Briggs and the yellow clone. Does anyone make one like that for the blue clone?
  9. jandj

The Lo-Buck Special comes together

Well, it took two years but it's together. A cash only, pay as you go project for the Grandkids. Took a little longer than I had planned, but still came out for around $300 (give or take)....and I can say I did it. Here are a few pics. First one is as it came home from the Flea Market where it...
  10. jandj

5" Manco wheel

Lookin' for one assembly (2 halves). Doesn't have to be tapped.
  11. jandj

Clone remote tank/throttle kit question

Just out of curiosity - where does the throttle cable hook on the ARC style kit? Can they be used if the gov. is left in (Grandkids need the Gov. for now) ? I like the cleaned up look the remote tank gives, especially if I change the air filter and exhaust too. 2nd thought is if I go to a...
  12. jandj

Chassis construction question

While spending a few moments in the outdoor refrigerator (aka "the shed") I noticed that the front "axle" tube on my old Manco is tweeked at both spindle hanger ends, no doubt due to being thoroughly enjoyed by the previous owner(s). I'm thinking that as I was planning on replacing the beat-up...
  13. jandj

Miata owner? Know any?

I'm not sure where to put this, so I'm putting it here (Mods, feel free to move it if needed) Here's the deal: Doc says Pop can't drive anymore so he sold his 2000 Miata. I have the never used OEM (out of production) black tonneau cover for it, Mazda P/N 0000885599A3. Anything I can get for...
  14. jandj

Motor choice

It's starting to look like the 5hp Briggs donor engine for the grandkids yard kart project may have been previously abused more than I first thought and that a $99 clone will be cheaper in the long run ( visual inspection reveals there's a good possibilty that the Briggs needs guides, seats and...
  15. jandj

Hey 5 Horse Fan..

I sent a PM but it doesn't show in my "sent" box. Please let me know if it made it or not. Thanks.
  16. jandj

5hp Briggs testing my patience....

Story as concisely as possible: Donated motor for the low-buck kart project. Tank was rotted. Replaced tank, cleaned & rebuilt carb., set to spec. adjustment. Ran OK @ idle, broke up under acceleration. Reset points and coil air gap. Good, smooth throttle response now but keeps shearing the...
  17. jandj

Practical advice on gearing, please!

OK, I made my living as a mechanic so I understand the theory of acceleration vs. top end as far as gear ratio goes, but I'd like some "Been there, done that, this works best" advice. My yard kart for the grandkids is powered by a stock 5hp B&S (ungoverned, good rod donated by a racer...
  18. jandj

Need throttle hook up help

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/more-than-two-wheels/34778-new-guy-needs-some-help.html
  19. jandj

New guy needs some help

A lot of pics in this one, but I'm thinking it'll be easier to understand with 'em than without. I'm putting together a backyard kart for the grandkids. Kart itself is a late 70's- early 80's Manco, motor is a 5hp Briggs (tiller motor). Here's my problem: The tiller motor has the...