Search results

1. R

The Landfill 69/70 El Tigre

I like the way I can position in the frame, amazing how small and light these engines are once all the extra garbage is removed This is going to require a special engine mount, so I spent a few hours tonight taking measurements, making patterns, and roughing it out so in the end I’ll have a 2...
  2. R

Build has gone a little sideways... I didn’t like the way the original Tec stuck out, so I went through all my motors. Plan a,b,c, and d failed to be any better So I have decided to attempt something new for me, 2 stroke power. I was planning on trying this for my vintage race kart, since...
  3. R

Whoops double posted
  4. R

Got the other shock put together today, rearend is now fully suspended again. Also, got the new scrub brake pieces ready to be welded up. Sorry, don’t know why some of my pics are coming up sideways now, they’re upright on my phone?
  5. R

Well, after all I’ve done to get this motor ready, it looks like the shroud may indeed be wider on the later hs40. That extra hangout is going to bug me, so I’m probably gonna shelve it for another project. Stay tuned for plan B
  6. R

Got my gasket kit for the motor, so I cleaned it up and regasketed it. Cylinder still looked like new, very little carbon build up. Probably the closest to NOS that I will get. Paint and everything cleaned up well considering it was sitting outside on a tiller when I went to get it. Still...
  7. R

Small but important progress tonight. My little jig set up for my mill worked great, and now I’ve got a drilled and tapped shaft. I’m going to clean it up and put some fresh gaskets and it should be good to go! 4 ponies of Tecumseh power!
  8. R

Hope I’m not boring you guys with my little updates, just picking at it a little at a time. Tonight I got one of the shocks finished, I’m pretty happy with the results, they were pretty crusty I was also able to make a replacement liner for the other shock, since the shock must have been a...
  9. R

Today I started a project I’ve been wanting to try for a long time. The hs40 I want to use doesn’t have a drilled crank, so I built a little fixture so that I can mount the motor to my little mill, I still have a few details to hash out, but otherwise I’m going to try to drill/ tap this sucker...
  10. R

Yes! There was just enough life left in it to get my gears turning and get me really excited about it, it’s been a lot of fun so far as I’m really trying to work with what I have and resist the urge to just buy new stuff for it
  11. R

Vintage AmphiKitty balloon tire mini bike

Love this bike, that’s a nice specimen to start with!
  12. R

Well, my build stalled as I decided to sell my old sandblasting cabinet and buy a new one. I thought I’d try one from harbor freight, oh boy... they are absolutely miserable to assemble, must be 1000 fasteners. I had read the reviews about them leaking, which is partly why I wanted a new one...
  13. R

my Cat 400TS

Great you still kept it, crazy story! Look forward to seeing its rebirth
  14. R

Not much photo progress to show. I’ve been meticulously going over the frame, doing my best to polish out and save the original finish. In spots where that is not possible I’m chemically treating the rust and then touching the chrome up. As an example the bolt hole in the left has been rust...
  15. R

Gumpit's Cast Off--1970 CAT 300SS

Cool bike and motor
  16. R

Vintage Taco 44

Coming together fast, looks great
  17. R

1961/62 Caper cycle

Sweet, I’ve got to build a 2 stroke bike some day!
  18. R

No, I only got the one lone wheel, I’d hate to know what happened to the bike. I went over to buy a fox scamp and ended up buying the guys leftovers from a bunch of bikes he had chopped up to build “custom” minibikes. That wheel I picked up outside with some other forks and stuff. Luckily he...
  19. R

Last bit of progress today was straightening out the rear fender. Took a lot more work than the front. It had been brazed together because it cracked at the bolt holes, so I had to grind it all out to be abl to weld it
  20. R

Wheels! Since it didn’t have any wheels I dug through my parts stash and came up with these: The rear is actually a drive wheel from a go kart. Very similar to what was used originally, only not chrome. It will get blasted and painted To spice it up a little and give it a little muscle...