Search results

1. mr.modified

Generac generator too rich

I'm working on a generac generator for somebody after they had trouble with it running correctly. It idles ok but when you run it up it kicks out black smoke and misses. I took the carb apart and found a rubber o-ring in the bowl. Carb has non-adjustable jets, needle and seat apear ok, no jets...
  2. mr.modified

Mini bike snowmobile

Don't know if this is anybody on this site, but I thought it was neat. The track is off of a snow blower. Everyone should have one of these, then you guys wouldn't have to :censure: about winter so much...:laugh: homemade mini snow bike prototype snowmobile minibike snowbike - YouTube
  3. mr.modified

Hershey Fall meet, Oct 5-8

I was wondering how many of you go to Hershey for the swap meet/car show. I bought a lot of model T parts out there last fall for a racer project that has been put off at the moment. This year, I'm not really looking for anything in particular.
  4. mr.modified

GC160 setting valve timing

I was wondering how to set the valve timing on a gc160. I was taking one apart for the heck of it last night and I didn't see any marks on anything. Anybody know what the deal is?
  5. mr.modified

East coast flooding...

Got to do some semi-legal street running with my mini bikes due to some roads being closed down during the storm last weekend. First pic is my super stock DB-30, later in the afternoon, the water was up to the bottom of the guard rail. Then I tried to go out farther with my 5hp briggs DB, but...
  6. mr.modified

Maybe Some Day Projects...

What projects do you think would be neat to try but haven't started on yet? Projects I haven't go around to yet, but thought about include: -Mini gas powered maytag washing machine replica. I was going to make it out of the bottom of a gas grill propane tank and use a two stroke string...
  7. mr.modified

You know your computer is slow when...

This is the slow computer joke thread. Make fun off how slow your computer is. I know my computer is slow when I have to read old issues of hot rod magizine while waiting for the next page to load. I'm not kidding, my home computer is really that slow, and I have a stack of hot rod magizines...
  8. mr.modified

It's all about the back fire...

Lets see your best back fire photos. Here's the best one I got so far. Stock 3 1/2hp briggs flat head. I had to hit the button on the camera just before I backed off on the throttle since there's quite a delay before it takes the picture. Photos probably look best at night of course.
  9. mr.modified

Rat Rod Minibike scratch build

As if I don't have enough projects going at once as it is, I just came up with another one a few days ago. I have a few of these big, heavy, cast iron wisconsins that have been sitting around for awhile, but I couldn't think of anything to use them for. In the picture with both engines, the one...
  10. mr.modified

Mr.modified's official tire mounting method

Maybe this has been gone over before, Just thought this might help someone out. For solid rims, I put a large punch or other suitable object in the vice and set the tire rim down over it. A vice grip on the bottom of the rim against the vice somehow will keep the rim from turning, while a vice...
  11. mr.modified

DB-30 pinstriping pics

I picked up a little pinstriping tape and decided to make my boring single stripes that I painted on my fenders look a little better. In the picture of the rear fender, the masking tape in the upper left corner is supposed to save the paint from a close fitting air cleaner. Then I took some pics...
  12. mr.modified

Good radar gun?

I'm thinking about purchasing a radar gun in the near future and was wondering what's a good brand or model to buy. I searched around on this site some but couldn't find too much. I haven't done too much research as of yet. Have you used one? Good/bad experiences?
  13. mr.modified

Topless car pics...

Some pictures of my 1986 Chevy Cavalier. Not quite road legal of course. Cut the top off with a saws all. Makes the car twist a little but it still runs.
  14. mr.modified

Next hacksaw project, Early engine replica

I've decided the junk 8hp briggs flathead I bought is in pretty bad shape and probably not worth trying to find a crank and rod for it. Cracks in both sides of the block, bent exhaust valve, ruined crank/rod, nicked up intake cam lobe... So I'm going to use it for my exposed crank project I've...
  15. mr.modified

What happened to my signature?

It's not there anymore... I just noticed my signature isn't at the bottom of my posts. Thats when I decided to click on the user cp button and see whats going on... I noticed the "show signatures" box was still clicked, but Edit signature wasn't there anymore on the left side of my screen. Right...
  16. mr.modified

Two engines chained together...

I'll give you guys something to think about. Anyone ever try hooking two engines together? I've been thinking of trying it on something for a while, but I don't have a good project to actually use it on. For an application such as a minibike, I would put the engines in front of one another. I...
  17. mr.modified

Cutting torch/newspaper fire...

Today I was using an acetylene torch to cut some rusty bolts off an exhaust flange. I got done cutting through the one bolt and turned off the torch. When I removed my goggles and turned, I realized a bunch of newspapers that were on the floor to soak up some grease were on fire due to sparks...
  18. mr.modified

Alexander Reynolds Resto

Here's my next project. An alexander reynolds frame I bought for $30. Handlebars are bent slightly, as is the right foot peg. Not much rust, Its been repainted twice. Originally orange, then metallic blue, then some one brush painted a sky blue color over all that. I think i'm going to put a...
  19. mr.modified

Old G200 flathead

I've got an old g200 flathead motor on a log splitter thats in kind of bad shape. Just wondering if anyones ever done anything with them. I know it's got a steel sleeve bore. I was thinking of using this motor as a eventual replacement on my super stock db 30. I got it running about a year ago...
  20. mr.modified

Jacktown engine show PA

Jacktown Engine show/swap meet is next weekend, may 21 and 22. It's in bangor PA. Sometimes a few vendors have some mini bikes but mostly engines for sale. Of course the main focus is on older engines, but there is a lot of newer stuff too. Might be a good place to pick up some engines or parts...