Search results

1. L

Ragb .. ???

I heard this guy talking about using an RAGB instead of a centrifugal clutch on his engine for a really cool project. I researched RAGB, but I don't know what it stands for or what it is .. anyone have a clue??
  2. L

Sprocket Alignment Issues

yeah, i've already experience that. :doah: not fun ..
  3. L

Bike Steering Neck Tubes

If you're making a bike from scratch, what do you guys use for the neck tube connected to the steering fork. Cause I made my chopper from scratch, and then I just used a piece of pipe with a bolt through it, and that didn't work too well cause it cracked and warped. So if I wanted to order...
  4. L

Sprocket Alignment Issues

Alright, so I've just put the chain on my new chopper and I've the wheels on and the clutch all hooked up. But I noticed that while I was rolling it, I felt a small change in momentum every now and then. Then I realized when I got home that the sprocket hub is not concentric to the wheel...
  5. L

Installing Air Filterz??

YEah, exactly! THanks a lot :thumbsup:
  6. L

Installing Air Filterz??

Does anyone have any focused pictures of their installed air filters? And can anyone recommend any good brands for installing air filters to a Honda GX160 clone engine??
  7. L

Why Remove the Governor?

LOL :lol: So if there are no real advantages to removing it, then why do so many people do it?? :out:
  8. L

Why Remove the Governor?

I know this sounds like the most IDIOTIC noob question ever asked, but seriously what is the advantage of removing the governor? :confused: I get that it holds back the lever for accelerating, but is that it? So when you remove the governor you are entitled to a few more RPM's than recommended...
  9. L

Lawn Mower Tires For a Mini BIke?

AWESOME :laugh: Thanks a lot man. This helps a whole lot. What do you do for a living? It's like you know EVERYTHING about minibikes and whatnot .... its crazy :bowdown:
  10. L

Lawn Mower Tires For a Mini BIke?

Is this just unorthodox, or is it feasible? I guess the axles probably could take the rpm's but would it be advisable to use lawn mower tires for my mini-chopper? I'm always trying to come up with alternatives to what is necessary, and instead make do with what is available. So, I was...
  11. L

Riding Mower Brakes .. What?

Alright thanks a lot for all the advice again :thumbsup:
  12. L

Hey mmisterbungl, just wanted to say thanks a lot for all the help you've been contributing on a...

Hey mmisterbungl, just wanted to say thanks a lot for all the help you've been contributing on a some of my threads. As a newbie, they've been really helpful--thanks a ton.
  13. L

Riding Mower Brakes .. What?

So in one of my previous threads, a group of guys suggested a WHOLE bunch of alternative brake options (not including the stock disc brakes cause I can't get them). Somebody out of the group suggested that I could use "brakes off of a lawn mower at some lawn mower junk shop." or something :huh...
  14. L

Mounting the Sprocket .. Help?

Okay thanks again for all the advice :biggrin:
  15. L

Installing Axles .. ???

Hey guys, are "live axles" generally used on mini-bikes--like with the sprocket mounted directly to the axle and the wheel stuck to the axle??? Or is it a "free-floating" axle? Where the sprocket is mounted to the wheel? If you guys use free-floating axles (what I'm using) then how did you...
  16. L

Mounting the Sprocket .. Help?

So since I'm a newbie and I'm building everything from stock, I wanted to know how you guys (minibikers in general) mounted your sprockets. Do the wheels come with a mount for the sprocket or what? And to mini bikes generally use 'live axles" like on a go-kart with the sprocket mounted TO the...
  17. L

Installing Axles .. ???

Okay, will do thanks a lot. :thumbsup:
  18. L

Using Disc Brakes .. help?

So today, I'm gonna go out and hunt for some disc brakes maybe off an old moped or motorcycle or something because I can't get them delivered here. BUT maybe I'll get lucky and find some for smaller mini's. BUT in case all of my luck goes wrong: Has anyone ever used a set of bicycle disc...
  19. L

Monster Briggs Stroker Build!

very NICE how much hp does it put out?
  20. L

Installing Axles .. ???

Yeah, I am in Africa (Ghana). But I've got all the basics its just that its really hard to find specific parts like disc brakes, sprockets, and centrifugal clutches that are new. This project has been pretty challenging, but this forum helps A LOT. I'm doing the project for school--has got to be...