Search results

1. Scottessey

Project Middle Skool

Hey Fellas, I've been working on this one for a little while. I almost entered it in the build off but I was a little busy and didn't want a deadline. :facepalm: A middle school kid from church, familiar with my mini bike hobby, started asking about mini bikes. He's one of my good friend's...
  2. Scottessey

WTB: Rupp Clutch Cover (early 60's)

Hey Fellas, I'm waiting to start on a Dart Cycle until I have all the parts that require paint. All I'm lacking is the clutch cover. Please, let me know if you have one like any of the following pics... Thanks! :thumbsup: [URL
  3. Scottessey

Picked up a Taco T100 today

Hey Fellas, I picked up a T100 this morning. Needs a little repair but shouldn't be too crazy. Serial indicates '69. :thumbsup:
  4. Scottessey

A Hiawatha rolled into my shop today

Hey Fellas, a friend had been telling me about the bike his dad had as a kid. He finally brought it in today. He'd like me to help clean it up and get it back to "operational". Pretty cool to see one in person! Please, let me know if you have any parts or contacts. Thanks! :thumbsup:
  5. Scottessey

Lauson/Tec carbs: are carbs the same between H22's thru H35's?

Hi Fellas, I'm building a downdraft diaphragm setup for a Lauson/Tec (circa 1962-64). Do the H22's thru H35's take the same carbs? Do carbs generally vary with HP? Or, do these different HP's generally share the same carb models? Thanks.
  6. Scottessey

WANTED: Tec/Lauson downdraft carb, intake, shroud, and exhaust like this one

Hey Fellas, I'm building a Lauson and I'm missing a few pieces to get it exact. Please let me know if you have any of the pieces I need to build this. I'm looking for the intake,carb,steel shroud, and also the exhaust. I don't need this tank. Thanks! :thumbsup:
  7. Scottessey

Works in a Pinch!

Hey Fellas, I've had this brain teaser in my mind for a while and I'm probably not the first. There has been a taco kickstand on my desk that I wanted to copy and every time I saw it there, I'd wonder "what can I do to get that pinch detail on there?". Well, after a lot of head scratching...
  8. Scottessey

2 Rupp Dart Cycles for SALE!

It's time. $6600/obo for the pair. Shipping not included. THE DART CYCLE DELUXE THE DART CYCLE STANDARD
  9. Scottessey

Holy Cow, I found it!

I'm in shock. :blink: After years of hunting, I finally found the piece that many of us have been looking for, either for ourselves or for our friends. Those of us that have been trying to find one know how hard they are to come by. Some of us have decided that a UFO abduction, or a Big Foot...
  10. Scottessey

Need ring gap spec for H35

Hey Fellas, I need a ring end gap spec for a Tecumseh H35-45366J. I looked around online, but I don't see it.
  11. Scottessey

Did I put too much oil in my Tec?

I've been working on this H35 for a little while and got it started today. Woohoo! :freakout: BUT...oil started dripping out of the breather. :ohmy: I had read that it should take 21 ounces but it seemed to overflow a bit before I got all 21 ounces into it. Is it coming out the breather...
  12. Scottessey

K&S Hornet by Scottessey. 2015 build off JFF class

Hey y'all. It's cool to see all the participants in the build off. I started feeling like I was missing the party. I'm making a rider out of this K&S but I thought it would be fun to get in on the action. I'm hoping it will help me move it along a little faster too. :smile: Oh yeah, this...
  13. Scottessey

WTB: Tec bolts for plastic tank & oil drain plugs

Hey Fellas, I'm missing a couple of bits for this Tecumseh I'm rebuilding. I could use a couple of screws like the one pictured for the plastic tank. I also need two drain plugs with the square end so I can remove the extension that is shown in the pic. Please, let me know if you have a donor...
  14. Scottessey

Power Products AH-58 Air Cleaner, NOS

Hey Fellas, I have an NOS Power Products air cleaner for sale. $100 plus shipping. Thanks. :thumbsup: Exactly like the one on my Dart...
  15. Scottessey

WTB: Goodyear stud tire (diamond tread) 4.10 x 3.50-6"

Hey Fellas looking for a nice one of these. I know they come up on eBay from time to time. There are even some on there now under "Ariens snowblower" but the seller told me they're a little cracked. I'm keeping my eye out for a good one. Thanks! :thumbsup:
  16. Scottessey

R2D2 - A project log

My wife and I were invited to a Halloween costume party this year and had to come up with a costumes. We decided to go as Star Wars characters, Princess Leia and Han Solo. On Monday while at work I came up with an idea to take our costumes over the top. We needed a droid! I found this piece of...
  17. Scottessey

WANTED: buy or borrow a K&S Hornet clutch cover

Hey Fellas, I'm looking to buy or borrow a clutch cover for a K&S Hornet like this one with this setup. If you have a pic of an actual cover, please post a pic. Thanks. :thumbsup:
  18. Scottessey

Forming and flattening fork legs

Hey Fellas, I'm not sure if this has been posted before. I seem to remember Karen doing something similar on one of her builds. Let me know if it's old news. :wink: I was helping a friend this week to repair some forks and it got me trying something that I hadn't experimented with before...
  19. Scottessey

7/8" Throttle for sale

Here's a good candidate for that taco project! (or any project :wink:) Never been used. $29 shipped. :thumbsup: It's the same model I used on my Taco 22.
  20. Scottessey

Goodyear Stud 4.10/3.50-5" tire

You're looking at the tough to find, vintage 4.10/3.50-5" Goodyear stud tire. The side walls are in great shape, no cracking. The tread has some wear, and there is one spot where the side edge of the tread has a blem or damage or whatever (see pic). I was going to use it on my Dart but a...