Search results

1. Z

I need recommendations for a brake system for the cart I am building.

The best solution I know of has worked really well for me. First get the hydro brake setup from hotrodminibike. Mini Bike Hyd Brake Syst Should be a bit less than 60 shipped for that, but I'd get a few more brake pads since you're already paying for shipping. Then get a nice beefy disc rotor...
  2. Z

Thought you might want to follow this ...

I'm hugely interested in how this turns out. I've always kindof dreamed about doing forced induction on one of these tiny engines, but obviously there's a lot of issues with that. Not only is the plumbing itself a nightmare if you plan on sticking with carburetion, but the fuel delivery is a...
  3. Z

home made 3 speed go kart

I've done plenty of tinkering with various lawnmower engines and transmissions to make gokarts. It works, and considering people are often willing or even trying to give away those vertical shaft engines, it's very cheap too. I have to be honest though, I don't think I'll ever toy with them...
  4. Z

97cc DB30 vs. HF 79cc OHV

2.8hp Gokart - YouTube Didn't realize gopro cameras had such wide angle lenses.
  5. Z

2.8hp Go Kart Straight Pipe Backfire - YouTube I'll get some pictures tomorrow, since I've taken the video I redid the back end, replaced the bent axle, and a few other things.
  6. Z

I think you'd be surprised. For such a laughable engine, with a featherweight frame it can actually move pretty well once it gets going.
  7. Z

OHV problems.

Your carburetor float valve is malfunctioning. It's not shutting off fuel when the bowl is full and gravity is pushing the gas out of the flooded bowl and the carb. The needle in the valve which is attached to the bowl float is usually tipped by a rubber point. As long as that's still there...
  8. Z

GX270 turbo ....

You could try it for shits and giggles, but if the pump is powered from the crank, you'll probably get a net loss in power. Forced induction doesn't scale well to small engines. However, I have seen VERY small turbochargers around in a few places, probably intended for motorcycles, snowmobiles...
  9. Z

Basically, I've built a small gokart that I've put a swapped out baja engine on. I've also got one of those small Harbor Fright 2.5hp engines around which I'm thinking possibly be a bit stronger despite being lower displacement. Before I spend a couple of hours swapping engines and potentially...
  10. Z

ram charger style intake manifold for the 2.8hp db engine

The ram charger wouldn't really produce an appreciable difference in performance. These bikes are not fast enough to ram a whole lot of air. Even if that's not necessarily true and they do work, the carb would probably run lean and not be able to keep up. It would be worth a try if you could...
  11. Z

Another TAV question lol

TAVs give your vehicle a range of ratios. Since the majority of bikes have their top speed limited by the gearing, it will improve your top speed if you have a model that 'overdrives', and it's fairly trivial to calculate that gain knowing the ratio. TAVs though are more valuable for the very...
  12. Z

breaking/losing master links

I seem to lose one for every couple hours of riding. Better chain setup might make it less likely, but I've pretty much just accepted it. https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?item=1-1087-35 You can buy about 20 of them and stop caring.