Search results

1. E

Engine temperature

I'm running a 196 clone engine egine with stage 2 mods. My head temperature is running from 250 to 290 depending on how hard a pull I'm on. How hot is to hot?
  2. E

Oversize piston for hs40

Does anybody have some part numbers for .020 oversize pistons. I know somebody who just bought out and old tecumseh dealer and has some unidentified oversize pistons.
  3. E

Clone timing

What is stock ignition timing on a 196 clone engine?
  4. E

Mikuni on a 196 clone

I have a 196 clone engine that I've installed a flat top piston and billet rod in. I added a 22mm mikuni from go power sports. The sent a 140 main jet and a 17.5 pilot jet that are supposed to be close to what I need for this engine. I can't even get the enine to idle without playing with the...
  5. E

Carburetor Expert's

I'm trying to put together an original tecumseh carburetor for my rebuilt hs50. I have 3 carburetors that I've cleaned and adjusted but they aren't right. Two of them will idle perfectly but are way to rich when I open the throttle. I can close the load needle and it improves but it's still to...
  6. E

Flywheel Interchangeabllity between as hs40 and an hs50

I'm wondering if the flywheel and ignition is interchangeable between the hs40 and hs50? I want to swap the lighted system from the hs40 to the hs50.
  7. E

MTD Front Wheel

I'm looking for a 10" front wheel for a trailflite bike.
  8. E

Drive belt part number

I just bought a mb200-2 trailmaster bike. I'd like to get a spare drive belt. Can somebody give me a part number or possibly a comet number.
  9. E

Crankshaft repair

I have a hs40 crankshaft with an out of round rod journal. Where can I get it rebuilt to oem specs?
  10. E

Wards/Gilson handlebars

I'm looking for a set of handlebars for my wards/gilson 525 bike. A bad thing happened last summer.
  11. E

Fitting a billet rod in a hs40

I see there is a clearance problem with the oil dipper and the camshaft. I'm looking for input on addressing the problems. I've found some mention of removing material from the camshaft for clearance. What's the best way to go about this? It looks like most of the slinger will have to be removed...
  12. E

Worn governor shaft bore

I have a hs40 with a very worn governor shaft bore. Is there a way to install a bushing in the block to fix this or do I need to find a better block?
  13. E

H70 throttle control

I have a H70 on one of my bikes. I have the correct thottle and governor set up on the engine. The problem is the factory return spring is pretty stout and after a short while the thottle is painful to hold. Does anybody have a suggestion for improvement.
  14. E

Allis Chalmers/Gillson decals

Does anybody have some pictures of an Allis bike with the decals on it? I want to get mine placed correctly.
  15. E

Comet clutch adjustment

I have a 20 series clutch on a h70 engine. I'm looking for a clutch spring for 2000 rpm engagement. It should be a purple spring pn 011187A. I haven't been able to find one available anywhere. I have the 1800 rpm springs and the 2200 rpm springs. One's a little low and the other is a little...
  16. E

MTD gas cap

I have 2 MTD bikes, one fuel tank has a large fuel cap the other a smaller fuel cap. I need to locate the small cap. Can somebody give me some insight as to what will fit it?
  17. E

Throttle linkage H70

I'm trying to put together a throttle linkage on a H70. The pinned information provided here is great except the key parts are not available anymore. Does anybody make the obsolete parts or have an alternative throttle system?
  18. E

Wards 525 seat

What are the origional seat dimentions for the Wards 525 bike with the fuel tank in the rear?
  19. E

HS40 flywheel

I pulled the flywheel off a lighted hs40 engine that I'm rebuilding and found the steel shoes that are glued to the magnets are all loose. Has anybody had any luck reglueing the steel piece back on the magnets?
  20. E

MTD 60 tooth sprocket

I'm in need of a good 60 tooth rear sprocket for an MTD trail bike, 41 chain.