Search results

1. Kbourne

Manco Streaker w/ 6 HP Tecumseh motor for sale

This is a good deal.. Somebody better jump on it. I've got a streaker with the 3.5hp and it's got plenty of power for the size. I can't imagine it with a 6hp.... Hold on tight.
  2. Kbourne

Bird minibike

This breaks my heart to see this bike cannibalized, but I guess if you own it it's yours to what you want.... By the way I think Joel is selling a west bend for $350 in the parts section. The one on ebay is $499. vintage west bend engine minibike ruttman bonanza go kart mucculloch scta | eBay
  3. Kbourne

2 brake scrub pads bird

Will, Got the one you sent. Looks like it's never been used. Someone better jump on the last one.. Thanks, Kevin
  4. Kbourne

H35 Carb problem

I guess I'll shelve this one for now. It'll be worth a fortune when I'm gone and my kids can become rich off of it... I'm filling a lot of shelves.:scooter:
  5. Kbourne

H35 Carb problem

All right, now I'm confused. I do live south of the Mason Dixon line but obviously not far enough south. :laugh: Buck three eighty five? Is that $3.85 or $1.385 (like at the gas station)?
  6. Kbourne

H35 Carb problem

Thanks of the input. I'll give it a try. Any ideas on what an engine like this should sell for?
  7. Kbourne

H35 Carb problem

I've got a 70's H35 that runs and idles good. Just tuned up and rebuilt carb. The problem is that when not running, gas will run out of the back of the carb. The cheap fix has been a gas shutoff valve at the tank. My guess is something not seated correctly and allowing gas to push by in the...
  8. Kbourne

FLEXO Big Bear Scrambler

Very Nice Looking Bike.... The only thing I would maybe be concerned about is the slotting of the rear tire chain adjustment. Looks like the tire sits a little far back. But very nice!:thumbsup:
  9. Kbourne

my new manco

I hesitated at first for the same reason. For me, it wasn't really what I was looking for. I wanted something "vintage", but as it turns out this little bike looks really well made and only a few spots on the forks needing touch up. Engine started on the second pull. This bike was well...
  10. Kbourne

my new manco

Thanks for the reply. I think dead on with it being a streaker. I've seen some manco streakers with more plastic. Maybe the guy that owned it originally removed. Any ideas on the year? The engine serial starts with 8, which I believe is the last digit in the year. 78, 88, or 98. I don't...
  11. Kbourne

my new manco

Just purchased this little manco. I'm trying to find out year made. Serial number on bike is 1488762 and engine number is H35-452809 ser 8265B. I bought this off ebay and the seller was great to deal with. His member id is boondocks197 and i'd recommend. It has some plastic fenders that I...
  12. DSCN5425

DSCN5425

13. DSCN5080

DSCN5080

brake from bottom of frame
  14. Kbourne

Tecumseh TCII 2-cycle 2 hp

Thanks for the great replies. This little engine has a lot of torque for the size. It can direct drive a 8" auger 3 ft into VA clay in about 2 min. I would think it ought to turn a mini bike wheel. I also plan to put about a 12:1 ratio jackshaft kit on and use a small frame.
  15. Kbourne

Bird Engineering scrub brake pad

I did not draft any of the surfaces mainly because the original one I have doesn't seem to be drafted. It's got nice flat sides for the bolt an nut to tighten down against. But, if you think it needs draft i can add to the next one i make?
  16. Kbourne

Bird Engineering scrub brake pad

It's took a while for me to make but I've finished the first plastic prototype. See below.. I believe Jeff Clark and Andrew P wanted one? Let me know if you're still interested. I think Bayareaburito said he could supply an original but let me know.
  17. DSCN5329

DSCN5329

Plastic Prototype
  18. DSCN5328

DSCN5328

Plastic Prototype
  19. Kbourne

low end torque out of small engine

Thanks for the replies. With the holidays coming up and the weight i keep putting on I may end up needing a "stump puller" to get me going. I'll give the ratios you suggest above a try. The 20:1 came from an article i read about a tom thumb mini bike, but it did have a fractional HP engine...
  20. Kbourne

low end torque out of small engine

I'm thinking of using a small two cycle (about 2hp) engine on a mini and want to get some low end torque. I was looking at jack shafts and would like to be around a 20 to 1 ratio. The combinations I was thinking of using 12/36 and 12/72. Which would be a 20:1 ratio. I can't find anyone who...