Search results

1. Jag57

no spark HS-40 on 2 different motors?

yeah. I was looking for another shaft, but the thing is it WAS supposed to replace the other HS-40 that had a longer shaft. (almost 3"long) went to a comet t/converter. damn thing pops Wheeles when you not trying. anybody have a part number for the longer shaft?
  2. Jag57

This was the last straw. I say Uncle
  3. Jag57

Thanks all ....im done
  4. Jag57

First and foremost, thank you all for helping me. the fly wheel is kind of strange it has plastic fins and those cheap composite magnets. on top of that the shaft is short changed keeps striping the nut. Just enough to hold the cup without a washer I really believe this is a Frankenstein motor...
  5. Jag57

No dice :mad:o_O I ordered two coils from the bay from different sellers. now we wait.......
  6. Jag57

Weak spark from tecumseh coil

I know this is an old thread but is that a sheared off key in the flywheel.
  7. Jag57

the only thing that I didn't do was clean the aluminum post holding the coil going to do that now does anyone know how many ohms the primary should be i'm only getting about one ohm maybe 1/2 that .5 ohms
  8. Jag57

Tecumseh H30

love the heated seats LOL
  9. Jag57

Tecumseh H30

10. Jag57

I did read this before my post was up
  11. Jag57

Thanks everyone! so yes today measured 8.6k on secondary the other two wires were maybe 5 ohms i'm guessing its crappy coils I get 0.3 uf on all the caps. i.ve sent out fellers for some oem coils on the bay, the ones with brown potting on the bottom not black all around hoping to get something...
  12. Jag57

I'm lost here. new points, condenser, coil. the 2 of them done at different times. the spark is their but super weak. what was done... new crank seal (still leaks) timing set to .035* Before TDC, points set to. .020 tried new old stock condensers new aftermarket condensers. the magnets are...
  13. Jag57

Tecumseh points

god created Adam first the rest was experimental.
  14. Jag57

1971 HS40

Thanks. now the shaft striped! new seal leaks i'm gonna put a nail in in lol
  15. Jag57

1971 HS40

yeah your right. i'll just put it on the back burner for now
  16. Jag57

1971 HS40

it's that exact motor. The gray paint. another prob is I can't get it to idle. If I raise the idle the comet converter ingauges If I lower the idle it stalls dead no happy spot? it's almost like the fly wheel is too light
  17. Jag57

1971 HS40

you guys do awesome work!....
  18. Jag57

1971 HS40

if I may ask a question? how can you fix a Governor shaft that leaks oil on an HS40?