Search results

1. rdog348

Anyone use CB Radio?

I hate to dig this up, but I need some advice. I have my mobile station up and running for local stuff, with legal wattage, but I am trying to build a heafty base station with a 23 channel JC Penny Pinto with upper and lower sideband. I have 20ft pole with a firestik at the top (All of that was...
  2. rdog348

manual clutch for horizontal shaft engine

Be sure to keep me updated! You guys are on the home stretch! :thumbsup:
  3. rdog348

couple quick pics of my 66

Try and go with grey, too many Chevelles are Marina, and I personally don't like black unless you've got a set of red ring tires to go on it and red interior. :laugh:
  4. rdog348

Open Class: Rdog's Beater

Sorry guys, I've set this thing on the back burner for a while, getting an engine set in my car and getting it ready for an upcoming car show has pulled me away from the mini bike.. I hope to sand blast it and get it in the paint booth very soon.
  5. rdog348

To Turbo, or not to.

The engine I have has EGR plumbing, some where down the road someone JB welded it shut, so I took them off and will add delete plates.. I haven't looked at the heads yet, but aren't both the GT40 and GT40P "okay"? Or does one have an advantage over the other? I'm looking to get my turbo used...
  6. rdog348

To Turbo, or not to.

Yeah, sorry didn't realize. Figured you'd understand what I said, but sorry! I picked up the Explorer engine, computer and all a few days ago.. Anything I should delete off of it?
  7. rdog348

Oval gas tank

Might be interested, can I get measurements?
  8. rdog348

To Turbo, or not to.

Never. Unless someone decided to give me the whole spray setup. :laugh:
  9. rdog348

To Turbo, or not to.

I can do all the fab work myself, I have access to anything and everything needed. I've got a 31 spline with welded spider gears if really needed, I'm not much worried about the transmission at the moment, I can send it to a racing transmission builder I know and get all he thinks needed done...
  10. rdog348

Got me a clone and rebuilt it, will have a video of it running soon. It's been too wet to sand blast so I'm not sure when that's going to happen.
  11. rdog348

GX440 Clones Are Here!

Couldn't say that better. I agree, he needs to stop being rude. No reason to. This is great, might get one for my off-road buggy!
  12. rdog348

To Turbo, or not to.

Mostly be used as a daily driver, with budget on the mind. I'm using a C4, with an 8", but thinking of getting a narrowed 9", not going any bigger than a 302, and I'm kinda set on turbo, down the road nitrous might be an option I'd like to play with.. As with budget, an all together budget for...
  13. rdog348

To Turbo, or not to.

I have no experience with forced induction, too scared to try it. Thus the reason why I sound like an idiot, I know I sound like an idiot, no need to tell me. I was on a few Ford Forums, and majority said weak point in a turbo 302 was the block, I came here for help, not hate. :smile:
  14. rdog348

6" wheel

Bonanza!
  15. rdog348

The kind I need are flanged.. :shrug:
  16. rdog348

I still need help with this! :doah:
  17. rdog348

Power products model 1000

That is one beautiful engine.. They just aren't built like they use to be.. It is kinda sad.. :mellow:
  18. rdog348

To Turbo, or not to.

Stangrcr1: I don't think supercharged is the way I want to go, especially for my daily driver, I'd have to chop it up too much to fit it. R67: I'm talking about an automobile, not a mini bike. Sorry for the confusion! :smile:
  19. rdog348

To Turbo, or not to.

I'll probably go with an aftermarket short block with mild internals, and a built c4 tranny. I'm willing to spend around 2 grand on just the motor, not including the turbo parts. I don't want to consider a Mod motor, I'd rather stay as is.
  20. rdog348

To Turbo, or not to.

Alright, I can deal with that.. I've heard you can grab an Explorer engine (stock internals) and pull 450whp, but will eventually crack the block, thus why I'm going with a short block..