Search results

1. ArcticMinibike

Arctic Cat Fuel Tank and Cap

Who lucked out and got this a few weeks ago? Check out the cap!
  2. ArcticMinibike

Harbor Freight 6.5 Gallon Bench Top Parts Washer - Reviews?

Anyone have any experience with the small 6.5 gallon bench top parts washer from Harbor Freight? It looks a bit flimsy but I only need it occasionally and don't have space or $ for a large unit. Pump reliability would be the only real concern I have. My alternative is the slightly smaller one...
  3. ArcticMinibike

Rush r40

Just took my 12 year old son to the Rush concert in Denver. What an awesome show. 2 concerts for the price of one and no boring opening acts. Just close to 3 solid hours of great musicianship. Started listening to them back when I got my first minibike in the mid 70's. I highly recommend...
  4. ArcticMinibike

Buyer Beware - Arctic Cat Decals and Parts

This guy is at it again. Selling stuff he doesn't have in stock for more than twice the price as you can get it directly from Blackwidowmotorsports.com or Jeff Mihalko. All he does is take your money, then order from Blackwidowmotorsports, pocketing half your money for his minimal effort. Even...
  5. ArcticMinibike

Buyer Beware - Arctic Cat SSSCAT-II and Other Materials

I noticed a listing on eBay for an Arctic Cat SSSCAT-II owners manual. Looked like a decent deal but I read some of the sellers negative feedback that said he was selling water damaged stuff. I can't tell from this picture if it is damaged, or if this picture is the actual item you would...
  6. ArcticMinibike

Not Your Typical Sebac Shock - Disassembly and Identification of Specific Application

I picked up a set of Sebacs recently that were not of the usually minibike variety. I'm assuming they might be from a moped. Can anyone confirm? They are the same length as the common minibike variety, about 13" but have a different eye casting design on each end. They are genuine Sebac brand...
  7. ArcticMinibike

Affordable Chrome Plating Options

Can anyone suggest a decent but affordable plating shop that will do mail order? My local guy is outstanding, but the prices are insane from what I've heard others paying for the same parts. Obviously you get what you pay for but 70's minibike chrome was never 5-star. "Original" quality and...
  8. ArcticMinibike

Manco Wheel Restoration

Any suggestions on the best way to restore the original finish to a 6" Manco wheel? These are the standard split-half cast aluminum variety as used on most Arctic Cat models and many, many others. 40 years of grime and oxidation has left them gray and dirty. Were they bright when new or dull...
  9. ArcticMinibike

Bonanza BC 1300 Frame??? Need Positive ID

I ran across this listing today for an Arctic Cat while browsing on ebay. I'm no Bonanza guy but I know for sure that the only Arctic Cat stuff on this "Arctic Cat" are the seat, front forks, handlebar clamps and maybe the handlebars. From what I have found, it looks like a Bonanza BC 1300...
  10. ArcticMinibike

Identify This Grip

I have some grips that I've been trying to identify for a long time. A few people seem to be sure they know what they were, but for all that certainty, I get lots of opposing answers. These were sold to me as being for a 1970 Arctic Cat SSSCat years ago when I didn't know any better. Over the...
  11. ArcticMinibike

How to Free Up A Rusted Piston

I have a 50cc 2 cycle engine that someone left the head off of for years and it rusted the rings in place. I have the head loose and raised off the block a bit so I know it's just the piston, not the crank. I filled the top half of the cylinder above the piston with Evaporust and let it sit...
  12. ArcticMinibike

Crank Seal Material Choice - NBR or Viton?

I am sourcing some new crank seals for my fleet of Sachs Saxonette 50 2-cycle engines. I've got a few NOS seals but they are pretty dry and stiff after 40+ years sitting in a drawer. Common shaft seals are made with nitril black rubber (NBR), but the heat range on NBR only goes up to 200...
  13. ArcticMinibike

What Was This Gas/Fuel Gauge Cap Used On?

I'm trying to figure out what minibikes these caps were used on. I have 2. One is 6" overall length, the other is 7" overall length. They fit a standard 1-5/8 threaded metal neck but they are too long for any Arctic Cat tanks and have no vent screw. Generic black face with red indicator. Anyone...
  14. ArcticMinibike

Minibikes on TV or in Movies

I was watching an old episode of Adam-12 last week and they were doing a shift at LAX as airport cops. The boss told them to go patrol the parking lot. They hopped on 2 matching 71 or 72 Honda CT110's. Obviously the early 70's minibike culture made its way into the TV shows of the time. Although...
  15. ArcticMinibike

Saxonette Exhaust Nut

Can someone confirm for me the right kind of wrench to use with a Saxonette exhaust nut? I'm assuming a hook wrench / or hook spanner is the correct tool. Before I bid on one, does anyone know for sure? Finding the exact size would be tough. Anyone had good luck with adjustable ones? (again...
  16. ArcticMinibike

Sachs Saxonette Transmission Fluid - Problem or Normal?

Calling all Saxonette owners. I was changing the transmission fluid in one of my Sachs engines the other day and noticed a metallic swirl. This is from a 47cc Saxonette on an Arctic Cat. I've been around these engines since the late 70's, with a 30 year break in between, but have never gotten...
  17. ArcticMinibike

4" Manco Style Drum Brake Problems

I'm thinking of starting a "I hate drum brakes" support group. Is it just me or are they a pain in the ass to get them to actually work without a gorilla strength grip? I'm talking about the very common 4" stamped zinc plated style that fits Manco wheels. I have an Arctic Cat with 6" Manco...
  18. ArcticMinibike

Painting Tanks and Fenders - Need Advice

I have a number of Arctic Cats, 2 of which need paint on the tanks. The '72 Prowler needs the fenders done as well. All 4 pieces will be restored to the original metallic Navel Orange color. I've gone back and forth on doing it myself and paying to have it done. I've done plenty of lacquer and...
  19. ArcticMinibike

SEBAC Shocks - Which Bikes Used Short Ones?

I picked up a set of SEBAC's recently on ebay and got lazy and didn't ask the seller to check the eye to eye dimensions. I have a number of sets and should have noticed the obvious difference in the bottom tube lengths. These showed up and I was surprised at how short they were. Ooops. What...
  20. ArcticMinibike

Name That Muffler

Got this in a bundle of Arctic Cat Ssscat parts. Doesn't look like anything AC related. This is about 2.5" in diameter, has a large beveled end, a fairly thick baffle inside with a small through hole in the middle. It also has a short inlet pipe with an offset bend. Also has a spot for a bracket...