Search results

1. Pasta

5HP Briggs pops through carb

Hi guys & gals. I've been away for a while but got back into my mini bike again recently. I have a little trouble hopefully someone can help me with. When I pull a hill, or throttle hard from idle, the engine pops through the carb. If I let off the throttle and ease into it, it will run...
  2. Pasta

Anybody Recognize this Muffler????

I have that exact muffler on an old Briggs 3HP I bought for my son and it even has the little "cup" shaped spark arrester on it that is held on with a screw. The date on the blower housing is 1965. In the mid 70's, I had a 2-1/2HP Briggs on a mini, and it had that same muffler on it as well...
  3. Pasta

Briggs 5 horse horizontal

Thanks Richard! That would have been a terrible mistake! George
  4. Pasta

Briggs 5 horse horizontal

Anyone know the torque value for the connecting rod bolts? Was it 35 in/lbs? I'm trying to remember from the 70's, but that was a long time ago. LOL Thanks in advance. George
  5. Pasta

Got another one

Good Lookin Bike! Good Luck with it, Rocco!! Pasta
  6. Pasta

Briggs 5 HP Crankshaft Needed

Thanks roccosbike! Here is a cell phone pic of the side cover. Disregard the dust! LOL George
  7. Pasta

Fork Tubing

Thanks JTG!
  8. Pasta

Briggs 5 HP Crankshaft Needed

Hi guys- Looking for a good used crankshaft for a 5 horse Briggs. The engine I have is from a leaf blower and has a 1" diameter crankshaft. Those $119 clutches for the 1" crank are out of my price range. Looking for either a 5/8" or 3/4" crankshaft. Anybody have one laying around in good...
  9. Pasta

what tank should this have

I don't know what tank it SHOULD have, but I like the one thats on it now. Thats a damn nice lookin 8 horse!!! George
  10. Pasta

Fork Tubing

Hi guys, I picked up a frame last weekend, and the forks that came with it are just junk. I saved the triple trees, but can't find any steel tube locally to make new forks with. I looked at Home Depot & Lowes, but they don't sell 7/8" or anything close in their "steel rack". Electrical...
  11. Pasta

pile 'o' parts

Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. Sorry for hijacking the thread. George
  12. Pasta

pile 'o' parts

TTT Does anyone know what kind of bike frame that is? I have one just like it but no idea who made it. Thanks in advance. George
  13. Pasta

pile 'o' parts

Does anyone know what kind of bike frame that is?
  14. Pasta

Non MINI project for my neighbors kid

You are that kid's hero. Good for you. I wish I had someone like you when I was 10 years old. George
  15. Pasta

what are you listening to v.2.0

Currently listening to Dee Snider's House Of Hair! "If it aint metal, it's CRAP"! :D
  16. Pasta

cylinder too tight?

That cylinder is FINE. Just clean it with paper towels and automatic trans fluid. Keep switching to a new towel until it doesn't get dirty anymore. You'll be surprised at how much junk comes out of that cylinder. File-fit the rings, and reassemble the thing. There's nothing wrong with that at...
  17. Pasta

Briggs 8HP horizontal shaft engine

I have a Briggs 8HP horizontal shaft engine from a generator. The end of the crankshaft is tapered, and there's no slot for the key. While I have the engine apart, I might as well replace the crank in case I ever want to install a clutch on it. What should I expect to pay for a good used crank...
  18. Pasta

1960's Briggs Throttle Issues

Sounds like the engine is running "lean", but let the pro's answer. Pasta
  19. Pasta

Briggs 5HP restored

Thanks! Yes, I used to work in a welding shop, and learned that welding galvanized metal causes cianide gas! The galvanic coating has to be removed in acid before welding, or ground off. Thanks again for the tip!!! George
  20. Pasta

5 horse briggs with a header/video wanted

Great video and REALLY cool Gremlin!