Search results

1. boatguy

I am back!

Just a short note to say I am back with the best group of people on the internet.I want to thank everyone for the well wishes and I am sorry I missed Windber the biggest and best event of the summer.Thanks to Phil for taking Peekster's abuse for me. As a side note my Facebook account was hacked...
  2. boatguy

West Bend 580 Exhaust Header

Looking for a trumpet style exhaust header for a West Bend 580 motor. Anyone know where I can find one for a Build Off bike? Thanks.
  3. boatguy

Slick 73

PLEASE CONTACT EVAN RE BIKE shipping AT evanruble@yahoo.com
  4. boatguy

West bend 580 9/16" clutch

Looking for a clutch for a west bend 580 9/16 shaft size--9 or 10 tooth gear or one i can change gear--thanks.
  5. boatguy

New project

BEEN AWAY FROM THE FORUM FOR A FEW MONTHS STARTING A NEW PROJECT. DECIDED TO BUILD ANOTHER HOT ROD--1927 FORD T BUCKET. IT WILL BE DONE OLD SCHOOL--NO NEW PARTS. '27 FORD GLASS BODY, STEEL P/UP BOX, '40 FORD CLOSED DRIVE REAR END,'38 FORD TRANNY AND A '52 FORD FLATHEAD V8 MOTOR. GOT HER MOCKED...
  6. boatguy

Holder Survivor

Thanks to Rick Chatten and Michael Peek I picked up a 1970 Holder Survivor Mini Bike at this years Windber.Today is the first time I had to look it over and it is a neat piece of engineering.Powered by an Ollson and Rice 1.5 hp motor the bike weighs just 40lbs. I got a new recoil, points...
  7. boatguy

Barn Find Ruttman

This is how we find them in the great Canadian North. Sat in a shed for 5 years as is and a barn before that. Straight frame--original riveted serial tag--Carlisle double indian 5 inch tires on Ruttman/Taco aluminum rims--original seat and oh yes Custom paint job!
  8. boatguy

Little Indian Brochure 1970

Just picked up a Little Indian Blazer in Ann Arbor this weekend. Anyone have a 1970 brochure that I could get or a copy of it. I also have a 1970 Little Indian Chopper. Thanks.
  9. boatguy

Swap Meet Find!

Walked into a small swap meet at 6:30AM and saw this---put it in the car before 7AM! Frame in excellent shape--original front end but missing one down tube--original sissy bar. Wheels, seat and foot pegs not right--now what to do with it! All in all a good day.
  10. boatguy

Kitty Clean-up

Took the Georgia Scat Kitty to Syracuse over the Easter weekend and started to go through it. It cleaned up pretty good but needs a new bushing turned for the jackshaft and all new chain. The drum brake works fine and the engine turns over but haven't started it yet. Plan to put a new front tire...
  11. boatguy

2 cycle rat rod toad

Mocked up my new Tecumseh AH58 2 cycle engine into a Ruttman Toad.Am going to try this 10-420-5 inch tire in the rear but it may be too wide with the spocket--will see. Question with a 2 cycle what gear should I run--12/60 of higher on the bottom as this engine revs a lot higher than a 4 cycle...
  12. boatguy

A good day pickin

Was alerted to a local ad by another member so went to check it out this morning. Nothing special--just 2 brand new Tecumseh AH58-2 stroke Go Kart motors--both bolted to original cardboard and one in the original box with the warranty sheet. Also got chain, a few parts and 8 Pinewood Derby CO2...
  13. boatguy

Tom Thumb Frame or 90s Gas Powered Flea WANTED

Anyone have a Tom Thumb frame or a 90s gas powered Flea they want to part with? Need for another project.
  14. boatguy

3.5 tecumseh paint

I want to repaint a 1970- 3.5 Tech motor. What white paint do you use(mfg). Want to rattle can it. Thanks.
  15. boatguy

Contact for Mean Dean

Anyone know how I can contact Mean Dean? His email address and business site are not in operation. Thanks.
  16. boatguy

Sebac Shocks

Can anyone tell me if Sebac shocks can be taken apart and if so how? These are off a 1970 Little Indian Outlaw Chopper and they work but would like to refinish the springs. Thanks.
  17. boatguy

Pictures

Changed my phone to a galaxy s4 and now i can't load photos--what do i have to do? Thanks and happy new year to everyone.
  18. boatguy

Old School Little Indian Quiz

Finished my Old School Little Indian today. She is done in flat black with a warmed up Briggs 5HP. Motor has a comp rod and piston and the eyebrows are done. Now for the Quiz which has a free breakfast at Windber on the line as a prize. For the Little Indian experts--what is different about this...
  19. boatguy

Swap Meet

Had our last large indoor swap meet this weekend and I sold my Nasty Indian and Rat Wagon. When I delivered the bike today the gentleman had an almost new Briggs Animal motor and Comet Tav2 both in the original Briggs shipping box. He bought it for his grand daughters junior dragster and never...
  20. boatguy

Little indian trike

Was looking for some boat stuff in the shop when I came across my Peerless axle set up that I bought with Peekster at Windber a few years ago--so you know how that goes--the brain starts and before you know it I had it all cleaned up and mocked up on my lengthened Little Indian. I located a set...