Search results

1. R

Vintage Taco Mini Bike Fuji 2 Stroke Engine Old Minibike

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155956226655?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110025%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.COMPOSITELISTINGS%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D258160%26meid%3D8b16821a332c4db19e9f032a366c4f7d%26pid%3D101506%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D25%26sd%3D315029342584%26itm%3D155956226655%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D3458402%26a...
  2. R

Anyone know more about this twin engine bike?

Are those 820s? What frame / bike did it start out as? Interesting fork design. Any pics of the other side? Would love to see how they handled the power train. ( Pic is from the 'Girls and Mini Bikes' thread #575 on p. 29 ).
  3. R

Horstman header / muffler for a mini ?

Short of a full-on expansion chamber it seems like these are rated the best way to go for two-stroke engines. But kind of tricky with double spouts to deal with. Has anyone tried or have pics of one being used on a mini bike? And how does their sound output compare to ... say an Azusa with the...
  4. R

Paging Taco experts ... question on the mid spring fork and paint

Finally getting the paint touched up where repairs were needed and a question came up on the forks. The bike is a '70 Taco 44 and has the mid spring fork. Do you paint the portion of the upper fork leg that sits under the springs? My paint guy says the spring and lower tube are going to scrape...
  5. R

So Cal Cycle Swap - Long Beach, CA

Anyone ever been to it? Any mini bike stuff to be found there? Thinking of going tomorrow.
  6. R

2023 El Camino Vintage Motorcycle Show & Swap Meet

Anyone going tomorrow? It's a fairly big show. Mostly motorcycles but there's usually a scattering of minibikes and minicycles. Love seeing all the old stuff. And being a swap meet there's lots of parts, gear and knick-knacks to be had. Bring yer umbrella just in case!
  7. R

Briggs experts - trying to identify a 3 HP Briggs

The engine markings show - Briggs & Stratton 3 HP Model 80202 Type 0520-02 Code 78051001 And as you can see it has a white side cover with the rest of the engine in the traditional silver / grey. I assume someone swapped the original cover for a white one? Possibly the...
  8. R

Transport services for picking up a bike out of state?

Wondering what you guys have used to either ship or transport a bike? I've heard of 'hot shot' services where you don't even have to box up and someone throws it into their van or truck and delivers?
  9. R

Saw this on FB group

Scam? Anyone know whose bike that is / was? I've seen the pic on here forever. Flexo scrambler frame with ... Mac model ????
  10. R

El Camino Vintage Bike show

Any OMBrs going to the vintage bike show this Sat? I know it's not a mini bike show (although there's usually a few there) but it's still got a lot of very cool vintage bikes. Info at https://www.elcaminoshow.com/ FYI - show is in Torrance, CA.
  11. R

One off custom ... or has anyone seen one of these bikes?

Not mine, just happened to see it on FB Marketplace and wondered what it was. Nice to see a Mac used - or any two-stoke - these days.
  12. R

Two-stroke exhaust experts ...

Any idea what kind of exhaust setup this is? I was prowling the Media section and spotted these pics. Might be something I would like to copy for my Taco 44 / WB820 project. Even though it's nowhere near running, I'm already picturing the 820 with just a GEM or REED header will be painfully...
  13. R

ABS minibike fenders

Just taking a shot in the dark here as I don't know whether this is feasible but .... anyone know of anyone able to custom build minibike fenders out of ABS? I kinda like the basic shape of the Azusa / OldMiniBikes Warehouse metal ones (for 5" wheels) but I would like to add another 2-3" of length and go...
  14. R

American Pickers go kart episode?

Just saw a quick blurb about a show coming up next Monday Mar 15. Don't know if it is new or a repeat but it looked like they find an old kart with one (maybe two) Macs on it. Anyone know if this is a repeat or already seen it? (I don't watch the show much but was curious to hear what they have...
  15. R

Fenders on a Taco?

Thinking I may want to go that route for the occasional dirt excursion ... but hopefully in the least intrusive manner. Anyone have pics of someone who has done fenders on a Taco 44? I can think of several different mounting options between front and rear but curious as to what has been tried...
  16. R

Taco mini bike stand

Trying to track down one of the old Taco bike stands. Looking for the full stand with 4 sides ... not the open u-shaped one that only lifted up the back wheels.
  17. R

"Taco" mini bike stand

Trying to track down one of the old Taco bike stands. Looking for the full stand with 4 sides ... not the open u-shaped one that only lifted up the back wheels. Anyone have a spare one they would be willing to sell? Also curious as to the height on them if anyone can measure theirs? (Yes...
  18. R

Hitch mount bike carrier for mini bike?

Just wondering if any of you are using a hitch mount bicycle carrier that also works for a mini bike? I don't have a truck and need to buy a new bike carrier anyway so figured it would be a nice easy way to transport the minibike as well. I will be looking over the different brands but figured...
  19. R

Question on mini bike wheels

In my case it will be 5" wheels for a Taco but probably applies across the board. As I understand it, there is no internal spacer inside the actual wheel hub (between the bearings) so one has to be extremely careful not to over-tighten the axle nut. Else you could destroy the bearings by the...
  20. R

West Bend 820 torque value for nut holding the clutch on?

Anyone know the correct torque value for the crank nut holding the clutch on? I've heard two different values and want to make sure I get the right one and don't strip out the crank end ... or have the clutch come loose. Thanks! p.s. If it matters, it's a Max-Torque SS clutch and the crank end...