Search results

1. Oldsalt

Very Strange and well built clutch

Found this years ago and have never been able to identify it. Couldda been off a mini? 5/8ths bore and 6 " in diameter. Drives a "V" belt. It's in better shape than it looks. Hopefully someone is looking for one.
  2. Oldsalt

Bonneville Minis

Ran across the attached pics I took at the Salt Flat a few years ago. There is sorta a competition to have unusual or whatever pit bike. The three engine one is mine; it has an electric starter and is the same paint as the car. The pink one is leaning against our A/GCC. A ladies' ride. That...
  3. Oldsalt

VT-1 Heald

Had this chain guard laying around for years....don't recall where or when I got it. In fine print at the bottom it says 'Model VT-1' and Heald Inc Benton Harbor, Michigan. Does anyone out there have such a machine that's missing a chain guard? I don't wish to simply throw it away.
  4. Oldsalt

KEY EQUIPMENT "PAC-PAL" [Tote Gote copy]

In the early '60s here in Walla Walla WA the Caper Cycles were beginning to be built [by Ben Hunt at his ag equipment shop]. About that same time, a few miles away [In Melton-Freewater OR] was a company that made food processing equipment and harvesting equipment decided, as things were slow in...
  5. Oldsalt

Caper Cycle Stuff

Ben Hunt as most know was a Kart racer and built Caper Carts before Caper Cycles were later produced. The picture is of a early Caper Cart and the small picture in the upper left corner is Ben. Lower left is him and his wife. The framed certificate is the national association of kart guys...
  6. Oldsalt

Caper Fenders

Pressed the bead and formed two pair of fenders today. The fenders supplied by Ben Hunt were dimentionally all over the place. Although all were 4 inches wide and 12 inches long some were more tightly radiused on the downward end on the rear fender. The 7-3/4 inch radius seemed to be what was...
  7. Oldsalt

More Caper Cycle Talk

The attached pic is an original Caper Cycle dealer poster. I'm glad to hear that Aaron found another one! Whomever abandoned it in a pile of leaves surely had no idea of how hard they are to find. I notice that it has the later aluminum fenders with the corners cliped at 45 degrees. Earlier...
  8. Oldsalt

Caper Cycle

The attached pic shows the first page of a bunch of Caper Cycle and Caper Cart paperwork that was actually used in the office where they were made. A rare find because this stack was found in the bottom of a supposedly empty file case many years after Ben Hunt Manufacturing shut down. This...
  9. Oldsalt

Teaching small children to ride a minibike

The attached pic is all I have of my eldest son riding his first minibike. The snapshot is dated Nov.65. He was 5 years old. The minibike is a Frijole with a Lawson engine. As he was the only kid around that had a mini it was also necessary to show several youngsters how the ride. Twenty...
  10. Oldsalt

Can't resist a survivor...

I'm so happy with this thing I had to post something about it. I took the attached pic of the Studebaker truck a little while after I bought it today. Could not turn it down. This machine has no dents. Runs. Only 26 000 miles. Seat is perfect and no tears. Dash and instruments are is...
  11. Oldsalt

Funny marks on food containers

The attached pic shows some of the strange marks that I have for some time been noticing on cans and food packages. Even on condiments, such as ketchup mustard and etc. at my favorite Greasy Spoon Cafe. Like a "U" circled or a "K" circled. Can it possibly mean that it has something to do with...
  12. Oldsalt

New airport security system

I heard that US airports are thinking about installing the security system the Israelis are using. No privacy issues as with X-ray, each passenger merely step into an armored room, with all their luggage, and an electronic device detonates any explosive that is on the person or in their...
  13. Oldsalt

Lathe

The pictured lathe, before and after some clean-up, is a Cincinnati 15 inch. It is in excellent shape. Came with 3 jaw, 4 jaw, steady rest, face plate, ball bearing center, quick change tooling and lantern tool post, taper attachment and a lot of other goodies. It is 3 phase electrical but I...
  14. Oldsalt

Sniveling Like Stuck Pigs

There really has been a lot of big tears about them "Fat Cats" and them "Greedy" people with money and the "Government" still dragging it's feet and taking too long to screw them guys and distribute it among the "Regular Everyday Cats" that are not "Greedy" [other than very greedy for 'free'...
  15. Oldsalt

This kinda puts it in perspective...

We are all worried about what is going to happen economically in the near future. The following is one way of looking at the facts. -U.S. tax revenue: $2,303,000,000,000 -Federal budget: $3,603,000,000,000 -New debt: $1,300,000,000,000 -National Debt: $14,800,000,000,000 -Recent budget...
  16. Oldsalt

AC/DC Reversese Polarity Arc Welder

I knew that if I waited long enough I would find one. Got this one [see pics] for 20 dollars. at a yard sale..offered the guy an extra 5 bucks to help me load it [I was having a twinge of remorse for getting it at such a low price] but he did it for free. Heck, the welding leads are worth...
  17. Oldsalt

A new citizen

Have long had a speaking relationship with a guy the works at a shop I often visit. Has a heavy, unidentifiable accent. About a year ago he started asking an occasional question that had to do with our system of government. I would give him my best answers about governmental things, viz...
  18. Oldsalt

Rokon

Had no idea these were still being made. I'm afraid to ask the price.
  19. Oldsalt

Spelling

A friend sent me this. After taking a look I see why the protesters at Wall Street are rather sure they will never amount to anything is someone doesn't simply give it to them for free. Somewhere deep in there pea brains they know they suspect they are rejects. Note poster with green...
  20. Oldsalt

Need expertize

The attached pic is a machine I bought for my youngest when he was 12. It was not new back then. The pic shows him at 22. Have never been able to identify it because of my meager knowledge of 4 wheelers. It's still going, a grand son pilots it currently. Can anyone identify the maker?