Search results

1. J

Need DelLorto Carb rebuild help

I am rebuilding the DelLorto carb for my M5A motor, and I got it all apart, cleaned up, and pulled out all of the gaskets and orings I saw (only 4 of them), but I am left with the 3 black ones pictured. One looks like a plain old flat rubber washer, and the other two, look like they are meant to...
  2. J

Questions about cleaning out old engine oil and adding new oil

I am in the process of tearing apart a 1976 Indian M5A which was sitting for quite a few years. There was a decent amount of gunked up oil in there. I scraped out what I could, and although all of the gears turn freely, I would really like to clean it out a little better than just wiping it. I...
  3. J

Foam pieces in powder coating gun?

Since there are no stupid questions (only stupid people, haha), here we go! I bought a little Craftsman powder coater to play with (it was only $35) and in the powder canister, there is what looks to be 2 small pieces of orange foam (look like ear plugs, but one is longer than the other). Is...
  4. J

KBS Coatings for rusty tank - Anyone have opinions?

The inside of the tank on the bike I'm restoring has some rusting going on. I did some searching and came accross KBS coatings 3 step system. Has anyone used this? Would you reccomend it or something else? Seems like for $39 it is a pretty good solution. Also, could this be done before...
  5. J

1976 Indian M5A - My first restore/rebuild, and hell of a story!

Edit: I should add, I hope you all like being overloaded with pictures, hahaha! So here's the backstory if you want to read it, and it's a pretty good one. Long version: I'm a volunteer firefighter and I was working one night at the station. My Captain stopped by just to say hi and see...
  6. J

Anyone using PUMA brand compressors?

Has anyone used this brand of compressor for an extended amount of time? I need something I can use with my new sandblasting box and my little oil-less Kobalt from Lowe's just isn't going to cut it. This one does 12cfm @90 psi, 60 gallon tank, made in the USA, $530.....I don't see where I...
  7. J

Powdercoating and water slide decals??

Okay, here is the first of many questions I will be asking :smile: I have a 1976 Indian M5A I am starting to restore. Although I'm a ways off from painting, I want to get all the info I need so I'm not stuck waiting when the time comes. I picked out my powdercoat color for the tank and...
  8. J

Let me introduce myself and my new toy!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself to the forums. I started riding motorcycles about 2 years ago, and just this week happened across an old mini bike for sale. I figured it would be something fun to play around with, and to my suprise, I think my $100 was well spent on this little...