Search results

1. M

Predator 212 backfiring

I have a stage 1 Predator 212 that is backfiring when I try to crank it and will not start. Where should I start? Was running great last time I rode it. Any help is appreciated.
  2. M

Mid RPM Stumble Predator 212

So, I just recently finished a stage 1 Predator for my Simplex. Problem is that it stumbles when I try to cruise half-throttle, or so. It idles great and runs full throttle great. It's just the mid-range that ain't acting right. It never dies fully, just acts like it's skipping. I set it up...
  3. M

Simplex Rat-Bike Rider

I finally got around to finishing my Simplex Compact Sportsman. This thing was pretty rough when I bought it, but it has a lot of original parts like the tank, wheels, and seat pan. I decided that since I would not likely be able to locate a Continental Red Seal engine, that I would kinda do a...
  4. M

Ducar??

Do any of yall know if the Ducar 212 will accept any of those after-market flywheels with lighting coils. Thanks.
  5. M

Jackshaft Help

Okay, yall, I need some help. I have never messed with anything with a jackshaft. I recently acquired the yard cart that my wife had as a kid and I plan to fix it up for her. Now to my question...It has a jackshaft set-up with the engine side being a belt driven pulley and clutch. The drive...
  6. M

Simplex Brake Pedal

It's a long shot, I know, but I am in need of a brake pedal for a Simplex Compact Sportsman. Mine is a 1963, if that matters. Thanks.
  7. M

Simplex Wheel Bearings

The wheel bearings in my Simplex Compact Sportsman do not appear to be the normal 1&3/8 bearings. Can any of yall tell me what they are and maybe where I can find them. Trying to get this thing back on the road. Thanks in advance. Oh...I should have mentioned that they are the original wheels.
  8. M

Predator Top Plate?

Do any of yall know of a top plate for a hemi Predator that DOES NOT have throttle controls? I will be running a Mikuni on this engine, so I don't need the controls and I'd like it to look as clean as possible without all the extra holes and such. Is anything like that available or will I need...
  9. M

Any reason not to?

Is there any reason not to use this engine on a minibike?? I've been wanting to build a minibike with lights and I like that this engine has the 20 amp alternator built in and that it's a Briggs. I also would rather have the 5.5hp than something bigger. This bike will be for just cruising around...
  10. M

FS- Custom Murray

I've decided to sell this bike since it doesn't get ridden enough. Probably been ridden less than 8 hrs since it was built. I built this bike in 2014 and the pictures were taken today. Still very clean. Here is the build thread that I did on here. Feel free to ask any questions. (1) My...
  11. M

Simplex Tank

On my Simplex Compact Sportsman, the tank is not attached and I don't have the piece that attaches the tank to the frame. I don't know what the piece is supposed to look like and I need to fabricate one. I know that it attaches to the front of the frame and just under the front of the seat pan...
  12. M

Really??

I've been out of the minibike game for several years, but I'm starting to get interested again. Anyway, I just saw on Ebay that you can but a flywheel and parts to run lights from a Predator 212...is that correct?? Do those parts work well? I'd love to put lights on a couple of bikes that I have.
  13. M

Question on wheel refinish...

I have a Simplex Compact Sportsman that has had the original aluminum wheels painted (probably several times). What would be the best method to take them back to the original raw finish?? Thanks for any help.
  14. M

Carb options on Briggs 5hp

So, what are the best/most reliable carb options to run on a stock Briggs 5hp with a remote gas tank?? Thanks
  15. M

Simplex VIN #

So, where is the VIN located on a Simplex Compact Sportsman and how do I date the bike if I can find the VIN?? I think the bike is a 63 or 64, but I would like to be sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  16. M

Can't decide...your thoughts? UPDATED

I can't decide whether or not I want to buy this Simplex. It's kinda a mess with a piece welded on the tank to mount it wrong, no jackshaft parts, wrong engine... The good part is tank is there, correct wheels, fenders, handle bars, and original seat(although mounted wrong). I can get it pretty...
  17. M

Spring tensioner question

I searched this subject and couldn't find an answer. I'm going to put a spring tensioner on my Murray. I've got it all mapped out in my head with the exception of one detail.... How strong should the spring be??? I was thinking maybe a kickstand spring, but I really have no idea on how...
  18. M

My Murray...pic heavy

Well, I got this Murray Track II a little while ago. I had been looking for one because I had a picture in my head of what it could look like. RobertC was kind enough to let me know about this one. First, I took it apart and cut all the brackets and stuff off the frame that I didn't need. I...
  19. M

Can I...??

Can I tack weld a header together while it is on the engine or will that mess something up?? Thanks
  20. M

Header size?

I've got to build a header for my Predator that is going on a Murray. The Predator only has a free-flow air filter kit and a 36 jet / 140 emulsion tube. So, what size pipe should I use to get this thing to run the best. I will be using a RLV mini 91 muffler. Thanks, Mike