Search results

1. B

Go kart info

So my youngest boy bought this cart awhile back. On the road no issues off road around corn fields and such cant seem to keep the chain on. Engine is as far forward as it'll go. They're is no chain tensioner. Possibilities are add washers to raise the motor?? Design some kinda tensioner. Make...
  2. B

Getting the beast started

So I found this beast at a yard sale killer deal I hope for a 100. Runs good and idles good. But takes about 10 to 15 pulls to get started. Not sure if it needs fuel line this long and looped down like it is and does it need this fuel filter. Hoping to get a carb housing and filter today at...
  3. B

retainer clip on torque converter

So I've tried to google and such before asking. But i'm still a newb around engines but trying to learn. My boy ordered his 1st torque converter (cheap knock off 90.00 on e-bay) instructions say tav2-30. My question is on the shaft that goes thru the plate and bearings and sleave. ON the back...
  4. B

2 baja heat motor parts

both engines are seized up. My boy wants to part these both out to help fund torque converters. everything off the engines including gas tanks lighting coil and flywheels minus both recoil starters. All reasonable offers accepted
  5. B

Is it worth putting up for sale

Just curious if its worth putting up for sale in the parts section. My boy has 2 Baja heat engines both are seized up. Just wondering if stuff like the carbs and light coils and the flywheels have and value before they get hauled out for scrap pile thank you
  6. B

to much compression to none

Ok still a newb when it comes to engines. My boys Baja heat needed a new crankcase gasket. So today it came. 1st install didn't pay attention to lining gear markings up and way to much finger breaking compression. 2nd install looked everywhere between here and youtube. Slid gear back in and...
  7. B

2 baja heats gone a tad sour deal

Hi all. Complete newb here. Well after a summer of my boy cruising craigslist for something to ride on his budget. He found 2 Baja 6.5 heat's for 500.00. 1 was running really good and the other ran half way decent on half choke for 1.5 weeks and things went south. The good running 1...