Search results

1. SteelheadBen

$30 Junkyard Mini Bike Build!

Hello all, its been atleast 2 years since i've been back! I sold my old scrap hauler cheeftah mini bike and recently got back into mini bikes. I salvaged a rolling chassis out of a junkyard for 30 bucks! I have no idea the make or model, but its in good shape! While back in the fall, I garbage...
  2. SteelheadBen

Trash Picked Mini Bike

Found a free mini bike in the trash. Not vintage, but cool for being free. The people were moving and had a big big pile full of stuff and this was there. Loaded this up quick! It had a mitsubishi 6.0hp engine.. and yes, i said "had". Wouldnt start, checked air filter and the filter was missing...
  3. SteelheadBen

Should I buy this?

Scrolling through the CL today, found this: CL Info: Vintage Clark Cyclops mini bike new tires and tubes new 3HP engine new cables $300.00 CAN TAKE IT HOME. This was manufactured by the Clark Company in Conyers, GA.
  4. SteelheadBen

1978 Cheeftah Bike Ride

finally, after a long cruddy winter, got out my mini bike for a test ride. Took it in to school and worked on it, and kept it there over the winter ( free dry storage! ). Modified the throttle (only went to half before at top speed, now its full ) adjusted the back wheel so i no longer need an...
  5. SteelheadBen

Honda GX160 Dumpster Find

Found a honda gx160 in the dumpster a while back. Still thinking of swapping the engine on my Cheeftah mini bike for the honda. Currently has a 99cc Predator with a new clutch and it runs great, id hate to get the honda on because id need to get a whole new clutch due to the different shaft...
  6. SteelheadBen

99cc Predator Engine Bracket Alignment

so when i bought my cheeftah mini bike, the engine was placed in the origional engine brackets. The clutch that was on it at the time seemed to fit good. The old clutch had its teeth stripped so i bought a new one. When the new one went on, it didnt sit well with the chain. The chain bent to the...
  7. SteelheadBen

hmmm... 1969 lil indian complete

so i was browsing the web and came across a maybe gem... 1969 lil indian mini bike. not going to give away a link because this time i think i can get it. i included pictures. i think i can talk him down to $100... what do you think?
  8. SteelheadBen

What Should I Do??

i was recently offered 2 mini bikes, non running but complete for $60. Not sure on the type of bikes but positive they are not pocket rockets. One has a 6.5 hp craftsman the other, 5.0 craftsman. I am sure i can fix the engines. But the bad is that i am unsure of condition. I asked for a picture...
  9. SteelheadBen

Look What I Stumbled Upon.. Tote Gote

So i was browsing cl, still looking for a mb frame, and i stumbled upon this post. i have never seen one before anywhere.. How rare is something like this?? Tote Gote Good deal..? thinking about purchasing
  10. SteelheadBen

Wanted: Rolling Chassis

looking to buy a rolling chassis. Must have tires and wheels. Doesnt matter what it is. Tires must be in good shape. Let me know. I am in the Erie, PA area.
  11. SteelheadBen

Rolling Chassis

in the market for a chassis... found this. Its got tires and frame but i cant see a jackshaft. But its cheap. $15 cheap.. I got a honda gx160 motor collecting dust. i cant ask how much its worth.. but i think i can ask for an oppinion before i purchase.. what do you think? Keep in...
  12. SteelheadBen

Honda GX160 Dumpster Find + Build

hello mini bikers! I was riding my mini bike today to take down the trash at our dumpster and look what i came back with! A Honda GX160 presure washer! The presure washer part was toast. So i removed it and started the engine up. Runs with no problems at all! So then i got...
  13. SteelheadBen

Found an American Made Mini Bike! My 1st!

so i recently bought my first mini bike off of craigslist. here is the link: mini bike the guy i bought it from made the bike in his metal shop class. American Made!i managed to talk him down to $100.. the clutch was trash but the frame and engine were in good shape. I bought a new max-torque...