Search results

1. B

Plasma Cutter what to buy?

Looking at purchasing a new plasma cutter and looking for recommendations / experiences.
  2. B

Short Shaft Briggs 5 Flathead

I realized that the older Briggs Flat Head 5hp I'm wanting to us has an shorter shaft than most. I was wondering if I need a special clutch set-up to work on this engine? :confused: (can post pic. if needed)
  3. B

Lawn Mower / Go-Kart thing'y...

Hello! New here and just found this page! I'm currently working on a vintage "Bush Wacker" mini-bike but, I've also been tinkering..:grind:.. around with this for awhile. Still need to install the rear brakes and adjust front end alignment.
  4. B

Carb Options for Briggs 5 Flat-Head

What are the carb. / intake options for the Briggs 5 hp flat-head.
  5. B

"Which Way" clutch question

This is probably a dumb question but, does it really matter which way the clutch is mounted on the engine shaft? I mean I've seen clutches mounted with the gear on the outside (facing away from the engine) and I've seen clutches with the gear mounted on the inside (facing towards the engine). I...
  6. B

Found, warehouse full of "Rupps"

"April Fools"......:laugh:! Really, but wouldn't that be a find and you know they are out there some where! :thumbsup:
  7. B

Hello from "MO."

Can't remember if I ever did this. "Hello" from the mid-west "Missouri!" Back in the 60's owned a "Rupp" that I practically rode the wheels off until some piece of work stole it! Just purchased a tired (really tired...) "Bush Wacker" and decided to turn it into a 125 foot mini drag bike...
  8. B

Need your input on stance.

Note: Hope I'm posting this in the right place, if not let me know or move it for me. Need your input on stance. I'm leaning towards the lowest or last pic.. I've eliminated the front shocks and was going to fab a single coil over for the rear but, decided to make it a full rigid frame. Let...
  9. B

Gear combo for fast 125 foot spurts.

What is the best gear combination for quick 125 foot spurts. Engine Crank: Half Jack (from engine): Half Jack (other side to rear wheel): Rear Wheel: Engine: Harbor Freight (clone) 5 hp stock Rider: 225 lbs Wheel: 12" with slick from the front wheel of a "John Deer" O-Turn Mower. I'm...
  10. B

Best Engine for Under $700.00

New to this form and the "Briggs Engines." Have been reading many of the mods available for these engines. Was wondering if I had say around $700.00 to spend what / who would one recommend as a good solid racing type engine. I'm building a drag mini-bike which will mainly see 125 ft blasts...
  11. B

10x3 "Slicks"

Does any one make a slick to fit the 10 X 3 wheel? And, a non knobby type front tire for same rim? Working on a 70s ARCO "Bush Wacker." :weld: Thanks! "Zaper"
  12. B

Bush Wacker ????

Hello! New here from the Missouri. I've been looking for a place like this for awhile now. I recently purchased a pretty rough "Bush Wacker" (I think...) mini bike and can't seem to find out much about it or where to locate parts for it. I've posted a couple pics. and hopefully someone in...