Search results

1. slick 73

Weldking micro mini

Got it done! Ready for some gas and a quick ride, but that's probably not going to happen in the next several days due to the frigid weather.
  2. slick 73

5" Arco rear wheel

Yes
  3. slick 73

5" Arco rear wheel

I'm in need of a 5" Arco rear wheel. If anybody has one laying let me know. Thanks in advance.
  4. slick 73

Weldking micro mini

Here's a pic for scale, the micro bike next to my doodlebug
  5. slick 73

Weldking micro mini

As requested
  6. slick 73

Weldking micro mini

Finally got a roller after a week of procrastinating...just a couple more things to button up and it's done! For some strange reason, this is the point of all my projects where lose complete enthusiasm...the last 10%. That's why I never actually finish anything. Don't be surprised if you see me...
  7. slick 73

VERY custom mini

Cool build, I bet that thing rips!
  8. slick 73

Weldking micro mini

Thanks for the tips and words of encouragement everybody. I'm gonna try to finish this thing up tomorrow afternoon, I've got a small window between present opening and christmas dinners that I might be able to jam it together.
  9. slick 73

Weldking micro mini

A little progress with final assembly tonight
  10. slick 73

Weldking micro mini

Hey Dave, no offense taken. By no means am I a skilled painter, nor will I ever claim to be. I'm sure that having the paint mixed in a rattle can is certainly not the best way to go about painting a high end bike like some of the stuff that's built on this forum, but for myself it seemed to be a...
  11. slick 73

Weldking micro mini

I paid about $23 per can. It was a little expensive but I didn't want to have to deal with a paint gun and compressor. I've got access to everything to spray automotive paint, but I lack the experience in spraying so I turned to my tried and true rattle cans.
  12. slick 73

Weldking micro mini

My local car quest will mix automotive paint in a spray can. I'm sure other company's do the same. I opted for the acrylic enamel since it doesn't require a clear coat.
  13. slick 73

Weldking micro mini

Thanks man! The frame was made by another member, he made up several of them but I think he has since quit making them. I think the 79cc is somewhere around 3 hp(correct me if I'm wrong). The white walls were from another project, they were painted on with krylon plastic fusion paint. The paint...
  14. slick 73

Weldking micro mini

I "depredatorized" the engine this evening with a little engine paint. I also got my seat back from the local upholstery guy...it turned out super nice considering the vague instructions he was given.
  15. slick 73

Weldking micro mini

This bike has sat in my basement for over a year now, I just pulled it out and started building as a winter time project. Every time I'd walk past it sitting on the shelf, I felt bad about not finishing it. I'm hoping it will be my nicest buildup to date when it's done.
  16. slick 73

Weldking micro mini

Thanks everybody, I'm pretty stoked with the results.
  17. slick 73

Weldking micro mini

Shot the paint today! I went with Ford lightning blue. This is a late model mustang color. I had the paint mixed and put in rattle cans and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.
  18. slick 73

Weldking micro mini

Thanks for the encouragement guys! I started the bike a few nights ago and ran the engine for the first time. The header makes the little 79cc sound wicked. If I knew how to post a video I'd share a short clip of it running. I picked up the paint for the bike today after going back and forth on...
  19. slick 73

Weldking micro mini

Finally got the kickstand welded on this evening. The bike is standing on it's own legs now and is ready to take apart and start the paint the process. I stole the kickstand and the chain tensioner from an old motovox and they both fit perfectly. I'm still indecisive on a color scheme, so I'm...
  20. slick 73

Weldking micro mini

Made up the new breather assembly this weekend from a kitchen sink stopper. Also cleaned up the welds on the header and shot a little header paint on it...sorry no pic of it. I cut a chain tension off of an old motovox frame that I'm not using anymore and I got it mocked up on the frame and...