Search results

1. Spicedriver

What Is The Best Clutch For A Briggs 5 HP Flathead ?

Hello Everyone, I was looking for opinions on the various clutches. I have a Briggs 5 HP Flathead, for a Go Kart. Probably will be doing some mods, so maybe in the 5 to 10 HP range. Max Torque? Hilliard Extreme Duty? Also on the chain size. I was looking at a #41 chain with a 60 tooth...
  2. Spicedriver

VINTAGE Racing Go Karts

Another Vintage Kart Racing Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOQF_hf9M-A#t=386
  3. Spicedriver

Old Skool Go Kart Dimensions?

You may want to consider a live axle setup, just so you can use some off the shelf parts. I am rebuilding a dead axle kart now, and had to have the spindles made up. Not much available in the way of rear hubs for a dead axle either. Also with a live axle, you can put a brake disk right on the axle.
  4. Spicedriver

margay scat kat yard kart turned into a better yard kart

How are those 820s? Are those the vintage motors, or the new ones? Any mods to the motors? How much horsepower you figure? Are those rear tires too small for that much horsepower? The reason I ask is that I plan on getting a couple of those motors for my kart. Thanks.
  5. Spicedriver

go kart terror

Gotta love MeTV MeTV Network | Shows
  6. Spicedriver

Margay Concept Enduro resto

The Daytona race is coming up at the end of this month! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZH8oQlJr5M
  7. Spicedriver

More Than Two Wheels

No, that was from Washington Park in Michigan City. There used to be carnival rides at the west end of the park. But I think The Enchanted Forest did have a similar scale model train, and some of the other rides of that time period.
  8. Spicedriver

More Than Two Wheels

This was something I enjoyed as a kid in the 60's It's nice to see that the manufacturer is still in business. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8WXOubuagU
  9. Spicedriver

David Bradley sport kart

I saw some info on another forum. There is a picture from a 1962 Sears catalog. And a few other pictures. The steering wheel looks similar to the one on my kart. David Bradley Go Kart - SmokStak From The Milwaukee Journal June 29, 1960
  10. Spicedriver

Need help identifying early race kart

I got those pics from the R.E.A.R. site. It looks like they had one running at the 2014 TBO event in Ohio. Very rare animal! Congrats on the find. The rear bumper was probably added on for some track regs.
  11. Spicedriver

1961 Norseman Golden Trophy?
  12. Spicedriver

It looks a little like the one on the left front in this picture.
  13. Spicedriver

Restored Bug Up For Bidding

Vintage Bug Sprint Go Kart Cart Roller | eBay
  14. Spicedriver

ruttman kart on flea-bay

That's because it's missing the starboard engine. :wink:
  15. Spicedriver

Tony Stewart Incident

Those small time track operators love to have Stewart show up, because it greatly increases ticket sales. And the racers are all hot to be "the guy that beat Tony Stewart". So it's no wonder there are so many wrecks when Stewart is there. No doubt there is some real animosity for Stewart from...
  16. Spicedriver

Tony Stewart Incident

Legal analyst talks about the Stewart incident: Rob Becker expects a civil suit against Tony Stewart | FOX Sports Radio
  17. Spicedriver

Tony Stewart Incident

I'm new here, so I hope I don't offend anyone with my opinion, but since you asked... The circle track guys play way to rough to begin with. This is supposed to be "racing", not bumper cars. You're supposed to give the other guy room, not stuff him into the wall like that. The things circle...
  18. Spicedriver

VINTAGE Racing Go Karts

I found this on wiki answers: John DeLorean founded Grand Prix of America (GPA) as chairman with his younger brother, Jack, as president about the time he resigned from General Motors in 1972-1973. The concept was seven-tenths single seat formula cars driven against the clock on a paved road...
  19. Spicedriver

Who knows about this?

I hope that's another fuel tank behind the seat!
  20. Spicedriver

VINTAGE Racing Go Karts

Hi ATKRIDER, I'll try to post an old ad. Keep in mind this was from back in the 1960's. I got mine from a car dealer in Michigan City, named Anxious Al's. I believe it was on Highway 20. Al had at least 100 karts in various stages of construction. Thinking back, he may have bought out the...