Search results

1. B

Tecumseh 6HP alternator 5/3 amp

My set up will be a tail light, head light (high low beam and on off switch on the light fixture) Not sure if the ac power out has the power to handle that head light. If not I will need to add a battery. Either a key or an off/on switch would be needed if I used the battery.
  2. B

I have found this http://www.smallenginesuppliers.com/html/engine-specs/tecumseh/Tecumseh_quick_reference.pdf which I plan to use unless I get some better advice from a person as opposed to an owner's manual.
  3. B

Picked up a NOS on this engine today. I have a heald VT7 kind of frankenstein operation going on. It has a headlight and mount for tail light. Looking for any wiring diagrams or anything that may help me explore getting the headlight and taillight operating properly with a battery or just off...
  4. B

ID Snowblower motors for super bronc

John Deere 826 8hp Snowblower Engine W/Electric Start How about this one. And I have limited experience in these motors. Does the piece attached to the shaft come off? Looks like a simple screw is holding that on to the key way and is easily removable to allow for me to put on a clutch. Since...
  5. B

ID Snowblower motors for super bronc

Hi I was wondering if I could get some help checking these out. I assume they are Tecumseh motors. What is the likelihood of a lighting coil on either? craftsman 7\24 snowblower Sears Craftsman Snowblower I have a super bronc that I am looking to get something similar to an H70 on...
  6. B

First Build any tips?? Heald VT-1 ?

Complete pic Here it is. Everything worked great. Motor started on 1 pull!!
  7. B

More pics Sorry for posting my pics one at a time. Phone posting sucks.
  8. B

Got it running!!! So I had to do some serious jimmy rigging but I got it done. I had to make some cuts in the original motor mount spots to allow it to slide side to side as well. I also had to raise the motor about 2 inches and on short notice I had to use 2.5 inch pipe nipples. I had to...
  9. B

Predator on a heald VT5-7

I found the right video that I could not last night and yes that was an incorrect spacer that goes on the shaft out of the engine and behind the first piece of the TAV. I have a handful of washers to use, is that going to cause a problem as a short term fix?
  10. B

Predator on a heald VT5-7

My bike is a modified VT5-7 range heald. I am trying to put on a predator engine with a TAV2 (chinese knock off) I was told the back tire can just be spun around to put the large sprocket on the engine shaft side. Is this correct? Also the TAV seems to hang below the level of the bottom of the...
  11. B

21x12x8 is back tire size, 18x8.5x8 is front tire size
  12. B

What is this lever for?

Wow!! Nice build on that!! Looks awesome. Can't wait to get mine dirty and out on the trails up at my cabin.
  13. B

What is this lever for?

Can't tell anything that it was hooked too. Don't see anything that would say it was a scrub brake. My guess was maybe it was used In place of of a hand brake to operate the front drum. It does have cable attached to it like it would be wired for throttle or brake. There is also a 5 cent kick...
  14. B

What is this lever for?

Sorry I am posting from my phone and attachments are weird. Hit there is a foot lever...
  15. B

What is this lever for?

Any thoughts is not for rear brake or something else? This back wheel doesn't have a brake of any sort.
  16. B

Yeah there are some weld marks on the back area of the frame where it seems like it may not be original and a sleeve was welded over it
  17. B

Pic of the beast Here's a pic. I was told it was a vt-5 from the seller but someone here told me vt-1.
  18. B

Any insights are welcome. This is my first build and I got a rolling frame. The front drum brake mechanisms are functional and both tires are on, back tire has a sprocket. The pedal or whatever you would call it for the jack shaft is intact as well. The rest of the bike is just the frame...