Search results

1. S

SE Woods

thanks Dave, this one is a jack shaft. good info all around. I will buy one of the pz19 carburetors, I should be able to fab something to mount it up at home. thats a awesome bike you have, I would like to make one fly like that. hope to make a new video soon
  2. S

SE Woods

thanks Dave. I thought the same for timing, I left the points and condenser in for this reason. I should have noted that in the video. I like the marking idea as well. I put an adjustable carb on my snowblowers tecumseh last year so I will swap them! I will report back. was thinking I could...
  3. S

SE Woods

thank you, my theory was that the engine must have run prior to my ownership. because the ignition module replaced the points and condenser entirely that is one things out of the equation. so if I did not loosen anything I wouldn't loose the timing - I would guess the magneto needs to be timed...
  4. S

SE Woods

not 100% sure on all the details of this mini bike. picked it up non running and just recognized the intake design. can someone tell me the engine model? I can't see anything on the engine itself. I had one of these so I slapped it on as the spark was weak with the points...
  5. S

gearing advice

I forgot it would be a ten tooth with the 40 chain size. it should have lots more torque then, might be good as I toyed with the idea of making a side car to carry parts. I sometimes part out a odd tractor or two and keep them at the back of the property. something to carry tools and parts...
  6. S

gearing advice

I went and counted them and its 68 so id say we are good to go? I will test with it and likely buy a new one as its worn. if you think I should stay with 70 thats fine
  7. S

unknown minibike

thanks for the reply! you guys are quick and know your stuff. Markus nailed it Delhi in ontario completely forgot about them. now if I only could find the fenders and 1'' throttles I suppose I can cut the handles and weld tube to run 7/8 assembly that are so common. canadian sources for...
  8. S

gearing advice

so even lower, low. so yes then no need for jack shafts. the kit I ordered says it comes with both 35 and 40 sprocket so I will use the 40. and the bike originally was a 40 rear tire sprocket so I can use that one and see how I like the ratio! win win.
  9. S

unknown minibike

I purchased this seller didn't know much about it the flat bar uprights seem like they could have been added on I am curious how it would have looked as original.
  10. S

gearing advice

interesting! I haven't had a problem yet with the 35 but the last chain I ran was quality. I just put on a cheap chain and it is holding well on the centrifugal but only have maybe hour run on it. so to early to tell. problem local is I don't have a good selection of affordable 40 sprockets...
  11. S

gearing advice

perfect that sounds good to me! seems like if I thought of the TAV like a centrifugal clutch it isn't bad. I think the variable ratio was confusing me on what to choose. a side question, Jackshaft because I will eventually toy with them, what are the benefits? seems like more fine...
  12. S

gearing advice

awesome I will give the 70 / 12 a try. I can always bump the rear drive sprocket tooth count around the CVT seems to only be offered in a 12 where I am getting it. should be fun!
  13. S

gearing advice

I like that conversion as it has the jackshaft, however I am not sure what to take into account with the CVT looks like a good starting point would be 12 tooth off the CVT for 35 chain. and 70 tooth on the axle for the 15" tire. this is similar to my small wheel, I am 14 tooth on the...
  14. S

gearing advice

Hi BigJake. loaded question forsure. the tire is 15'' and skinny 3'' the minibike is a rigid frame no suspension. I would like to try it on some of the trails at the back of the farm. my small wheel bike with suspension bottom out on rocks. id rather it be on the torque side then speed...
  15. S

gearing advice

I have a un known make of minibike that is running 3.50 - 8 wheels rigid frame. I am either putting a 3 or 5 hp on it I would like to put a aftermarket tav2 with #35 chain anyone have advice what sprocket count on the TAV to get and what my rear wheel sprocket count should be? help would be...
  16. S

Canadian roll call?

I have been a member (Silent) that stepped away until now and am wondering if there is a list of Canadians on the forum. I tried using the map but it will not work. wondering if there are any events or gatherings. I do know of the Jalopy Jam Up and if there is any parts support list we can...
  17. S

Swap Meet Find!

I am in toronto also. nice score! what swap meet would this be?
  18. S

Another example to prove Rupp pricing is crazy...

if there is a need for these bolts I will fire up my lathe :laugh:
  19. S

Canadian Sprocket With Lawn Boy Durforce 2 cycle and Tav2

do you think this would work well in a gokart? muskin dune cat? with Tav 2 like you have.
  20. S

tecumseh 5hp air cleaner housing complete

anyone have a complete air filter assembly for a HS50. send a pm :) hope someone can help! I am In Toronto