Search results

1. CmeBckKd

Boring a Predator 212 carb

What's the best mods you have done to a predator 212 carb or gx200? Or most you have bored the stock carb? Is 0.700 too much for the Venturi?
  2. CmeBckKd

Converting to E-85

I'm curious about converting my predator 212cc motor to run on E-85 fuel. What's the pro's and con's? What all would I have to do to convert it? Has anyone else already did this and your thoughts on your own motor afterwards?
  3. CmeBckKd

Comet 30 Series Torque Converter

What does switching the clutch springs on the driven pulley do? The stiffer the springs are the higher the rpm range is. But what is it doing differently? Shifting at higher rpms or engaging the drive pulley at a higher rpm? What's the benefit?
  4. CmeBckKd

To bore a stock carb or not?!

I'm just learning about carbs and how to build up a motor. When should I consider getting my stock carb bored out? Besides the air filter and exhaust, what supporting mods do I need? How much performance is average on just boring the carb? How much do most shops charge to bore a stock carb?
  5. CmeBckKd

Governor settings

Why are there 3 holes on the governor lever? Mine came stock with the spring in the middle hole.(predator 212cc) Would putting the spring in a different hole change anything noticeably? Which hole would allow more performance? I tried searching on Google and couldn't find anything. Just curious.
  6. CmeBckKd

Swapping Advance Timing Keys

I just ordered a 6 degree timing key for my predator 212cc motor. I've never done this mod before. I've read the how to on affordablegokarts.com. How much spacing does the flywheel need from the coil and how do I adjust it to that specific measurement?
  7. CmeBckKd

Expansion Chamber on a 4 stroke

I know it greatly improves the power of a 2 stroke motor. Would an expansion chamber not work on a 4 stroke motor? Why? How do 4 strokes get a similar advantage from their exhaust setup?
  8. CmeBckKd

Need Air Filter clearance!!

When I ordered the angled air filter kit for the predator 212, I thought it would clear the frame. Well once I tried mounting the filter to the adapter it was apparent that it would be that easy. It's on slightly crooked and does touch the frame fairly well. Could I make-shift a cold air intake...
  9. CmeBckKd

Predator 212cc throttle bracket to bypass Governor

Hello All. I'm a new guy on the forum and new to small engines. I have a predator 212cc motor and comet torque converter. I just got my order: header/muffler, jet kit, high flow air filter kit, valve cover filter, and choke cable retainer clip. I found this throttle cable bracket online. I was...