Search results

1. johnatthebox

My TAV-2 keeps trying to kill me

The plastic basket-looking side cover that keeps your pants leg out of the belt and fails horribly as a scatter-shield. The problem is that the bolt that goes thru the middle and holds it all together will suddenly break loose and back itself out and send the whole assembly flying.
  2. johnatthebox

It was a total standard install. Nothing fancy. I had the "predator washer" to shim it out, and the output shaft spacer, and it was straight as an arrow. Rolled totally smooth and easy. Worked great. It just would randomly decide to fly apart.
  3. johnatthebox

I dont have any of when it was all together. I could take one of it now, as it sits up on the bench, but Like I said, this last launching was without the benefit of any side cover, so I dont have the driver pulley assembly on there anymore. I never was able to find all of it.... Im going to have...
  4. johnatthebox

So.......I built a baja/predator combo with all the same junk on it everyone has(i.e. stage 1 kit, bsp3 cam, 18cc head , etc...) and i put a tav-2 torque converter on it. Love the low-end it gives me. However, I keep having this problem.... It keeps launching the driver unit up through the side...
  5. johnatthebox

Clone head? a little casting number help please.....

Picked up a motor and am trying to I D it... Its red (Honda?) and the head has JT- 04 - 06 - 16 stamped on it. Im guessing gx 160 clone (duh) but what else can i find out about it with these numbers? There are no other numbers or stickers visable on it
  6. johnatthebox

Tav 2 belt friction

Best advice yet.......
  7. johnatthebox

Tav 2 belt friction

When it is running it works fine. Its when its not runnung tha belt is too tight and i cant roll the bike
  8. johnatthebox

Tav 2 belt friction

Took it apart, then put it together again. The pulley alignment is straight, and the chain isnt binding. The friction is being caused by the belt being stretched tight by the driven pulley pushing it all the way to the top. If i could just get it to open up a little , the belt would go down and...
  9. johnatthebox

Tav 2 belt friction

I recently purchased a chinese knockoff Tav 2 for my predator212 mini bike. It was kind of a pain to install( had to raise the motor in the frame to clear the mounting plate and driven pully) but I got it on and working. Now when I roll the bike forward, the friction from the belt on the pullys...
  10. johnatthebox

almost broke my wrist.......

I set them at .003 ex .002 in TDC so, I should try tightening them down more?
  11. johnatthebox

almost broke my wrist.......

I recently put a new cam and 1.3 ratio rockers on my predator 212cc motor. The compression release works and the valves are adjusted right. It starts after two or three pulls, but sometimes it yanks the cord out of my hand so hard its kinda scary.
  12. johnatthebox

cylinder head milling questions(before i go to machjine shop)

I want to take my rtc6 head down to have it milled to increase the compression ratio. I want as much taken off as possible without having to shorten lifters or pushrods. Im hoping somebody might be able to tell me how much i should take off?
  13. johnatthebox

OldMiniBikes hi comp head for predator212 questions

How much do you think i can have milled off before i need to get shorter lifters or pushrodds?
  14. johnatthebox

ok.........in your opinion- which would make more power-- the 14cc head or the rtc-6 milled down(something safe like .o5?) Do the slightly larger valves trump the added compression? Do they have similar flow characteristics?
  15. johnatthebox

oh, and while Im at it......does anyone know how small i could get the combustion chamber on the rtc-6 head by having it milled? since the rtc-6 has bigger valves, would a little porting plus milling make it a better head to use?
  16. johnatthebox

found out my rtc-6 valves wont fit in the new head. Besides the 5.5mm stem valves, is there anything else I have to order to make this work? the spring perch looks different?
  17. johnatthebox

OldMiniBikes hi comp 18cc head for predator 212cc valves?

your welcome to it. just as soon as i get the othr one ready to go. whats the deal with the rtc-6? good head to modify?
  18. johnatthebox

OldMiniBikes hi comp 18cc head for predator 212cc valves?

you are OldMiniBikes warehouse?