Search results

1. G

Pred 212 starts, idles but shuts off when fuel tab is moved from start to run. Help!!

Thank you both for the responses. I didn't realize I should cheb the emulsion tube ports. I'm newer to this stuff so yay makes perfect sense now. I'll look in to it tomorrow.
  2. G

Pred 212 starts, idles but shuts off when fuel tab is moved from start to run. Help!!

So.... I found that little black piece, I pulled it out, cleaned it, ran a wire through (it was definitely clogged), ran compressed air through it and now it won't even idle. It starts and stalls in 10 seconds. I've tried opening and closing the idle screw to see if I just put it back on too...
  3. G

Awesome I'll try that tomorrow. Thank you so much for the reply.
  4. G

A little background... it's several years old and always ran like a champ I just let it sit for 6 months like an idiot. Life got in the way. So last week I drained the tank, removed the carb, cleaned it out, changed the oil, and put some "Mechanic in a bottle" in to the tank. After all of...
  5. G

Db30 tires

I'd take them depending on how much shipping is. Can you give me an estimate for shipping them to 85234?
  6. G

header

Did this sell? If not, I'm ready to send payment.
  7. G

New (to me) Doodlebug - advice welcome.

Ditto on this! The 60363 is the sku you want. If you call and ask if they're in stock, be sure to tell them you ONLY want that specific sku. Their system will reroute them to a different sku that is non-hemi, and they'll say "Yeah, we've got 10 in stock!". I had this happen at two different...
  8. G

First Doodle Bug Build With My Son

Yep!!! And even better than that....... My wife came home and said "Well now I need one!" Sweetest words ever spoken! Yeah I'm really excited about it. I hate what my generation has done with their lives, and their children. We've lost the importance of passing on simple skills. I had to...
  9. G

Yes we are! And today I don't have to work, and got paid early. So we're heading to harbor freight to buy our new predator 212. Thank you!!
  10. G

Need all parts for a DB30 rebuild. Building it from the ground up.

Like the title said.. I'm planning on buying a brand new predator 212, so that's the only thing that I really dont need other than wheels, tires, fenders, and the frame. I'm in the market for: Clutch for a 212. Throttle assembly Left grip Gas tank Seat Seat cover Headers Mufflers...
  11. G

First day of progress I had some time today, so we spent about an hour working on it together. Here he is wrenching on the fender. This is how far we got. The only thing worth saving was the brake.
  12. G

So I bought a nice doodle about 4 months ago with a predator motor on it. It was basically in brand new condition. I have never worked on motors, or anything like this before. So after a few weeks of riding around getting rattled by the motor, I found out about predator upgrade kits. Before I...
  13. G

Just bought a fixer-upper Doodle!

Awesome idea! Unfortunately I do not know how to weld, and don't have any of the equipment. But I'll have to look in to that for the future, because I want to stretch one some day to make it easier for my son to hold on and ride with me.
  14. G

DB30/212cc Exhaust Pipes from OldMiniBikes Warehouse

That looks awesome! I'm doing a rebuild from scratch, any idea where I can buy just the basic foam and mounting plate for cheap? Then I can buy a nice seat cover like this. Thanks!
  15. G

I took some time off today to get started with my son. This is how far we got with about an hours worth of work.
  16. G

Beautiful bike!! What an inspiration! Alright. I've got my work cut out for me it looks like.
  17. G

Any ideas?? I'm a blank slate as to what to do thus far. I'm thinking a metallic green color since my other one is blue. Any suggestions for brands of paint? Cool wheels? Anything extra?
  18. G

So I got the disease about 3 months ago after buying a fully restored DB30 with a predator hemi. I quickly did some mods to the header, jetted the carb, airfilter, etc.. I'm so terminally ill that I went straight back out to find a project bike, and bought this one for $30 yesterday! I'm...
  19. G

I just upgrade my exhaust using the upgrade kit #1 that has a fairly standard header, chrome screw-in muffler, and jetted tube for the carb. It did not fit! The header goes on great, but the muffler sticks out too far, and it is so large in diameter that it won't screw in. I so had to take my...
  20. G

I just upgrade my exhaust using the upgrade kit #1 that has a fairly standard header, chrome screw-in muffler, and jetted tube for the carb. It did not fit! The header goes on great, but the muffler sticks out too far, and it is so large in diameter that it won't screw in. I so had to take my...