Search results

1. G

Pred 212 starts, idles but shuts off when fuel tab is moved from start to run. Help!!

A little background... it's several years old and always ran like a champ I just let it sit for 6 months like an idiot. Life got in the way. So last week I drained the tank, removed the carb, cleaned it out, changed the oil, and put some "Mechanic in a bottle" in to the tank. After all of...
  2. G

Need all parts for a DB30 rebuild. Building it from the ground up.

Like the title said.. I'm planning on buying a brand new predator 212, so that's the only thing that I really dont need other than wheels, tires, fenders, and the frame. I'm in the market for: Clutch for a 212. Throttle assembly Left grip Gas tank Seat Seat cover Headers Mufflers...
  3. G

First Doodle Bug Build With My Son

So I bought a nice doodle about 4 months ago with a predator motor on it. It was basically in brand new condition. I have never worked on motors, or anything like this before. So after a few weeks of riding around getting rattled by the motor, I found out about predator upgrade kits. Before I...
  4. G

Just bought a fixer-upper Doodle!

So I got the disease about 3 months ago after buying a fully restored DB30 with a predator hemi. I quickly did some mods to the header, jetted the carb, airfilter, etc.. I'm so terminally ill that I went straight back out to find a project bike, and bought this one for $30 yesterday! I'm...
  5. G

OldMiniBikes Doodle Bug Upgrade Parts Problem

So I ordered the Upgrade kit#1 which includes the new header muffler, emulsion tube, and air filter. When I tried to thread the muffler in to the header, it would barely get together and then just jam, and it gets stuck. I studied the threading on both, and the Taiwan-made muffler looked to have...
  6. G

OldMiniBikes Doodle Bug Upgrade Parts Problem

So I ordered the Upgrade kit#1 which includes the new header muffler, emulsion tube, and air filter. When I tried to thread the muffler in to the header, it wouldn't fit. I studied the threading on both, and the Taiwan-made muffler looked to have some flaws at the very beginning of the...
  7. G

Decided to build a chain tensioner from scratch. Pictures included.

So I posted a thread about my chain popping off, and after everyone's help, I started looking for a chain tensioner. I couldn't find a good one anywhere, so I took your advice and built one. This is how far I got after about an hour of work last night. This is the flat stock steel I bought...
  8. G

Need help with my first mod

I just got that first DB30 with the predator 212 I posted last week, and I want to start doing some mods. I really love all the headers that I see people ordering and putting on. Is this a fairly easy mod for a beginner? I'm totally new to minis, so I don't want to get in over my head. Do I...
  9. G

DB30 Chain Keeps popping off

Does anyone know where I can buy a spring loaded chain tensioner? Or am I better off taking a link out of the chain?
  10. G

Tire change question.

Total noob here. Just bought my first DB-30 last week, and I've ridden it so much, I have an almost bald tire on the back. I've taken it to 4 places and no one knows how to get the tire off, or has a machine small enough. How are you guys switching your tires out? Just elbow grease and pry...
  11. G

My first DB-30. Just found this forum, and can't stop surfing it!

It took me 3 months to convince the wife to let me get a DB for our kids (she works in a Pediatric trauma center). I finally got this thing home, and realized I don't know if I can share it!!! I had no idea how fun it would be, and after finding this forum, couldn't believe how many others...