Search results

1. I

Offset grinding, chromeplating. Stroking a stock briggs crank.

So I need to stroke my stock b&s crank to accomodate fire this 3.375 rod and my .565 compression height piston I have, and I will need to have it offset ground .125 then have it ground down .030 to make a clean surface for the chrome, then chrome plate it till its exactly 1.0000". But do I need...
  2. I

Comet clutch for 25hp engine.

So my build I am doing a briggs flathead build that will surely put out 25hp and at most 9000 rpm and was wondering if a comet 30 series would work? Or would I need to use a 40? I just was wondering if I could damage a torque converter. Thanks you.
  3. I

project old purple race mower.

Okay I have had it since 5th grade and im in 9th and its sad seeing it sit, all of the sudden I have funds and a b&s builder engine, it used to have a built 3hp with shaved head, ported, and twisted mixer from the carb to port. But it shredded a valve so then a 6 hp was thrown on, it was gutless...
  4. I

plastic cam

How many times have you took a lawnmower motor apart and found a plastic cam? What is the chance of failure if I remove the governor and rev it? And another question. Is there a vertical shaft motor out there that uses raptor parts?
  5. I

40ci boxer no spark

I got a Montgomery wards tractor with three point and pro the way it sits its worth $600 but got it for $25. Hasn't started for 30 years and it wipped over fast but no spark. Could it be that one wire coming off the magneto? It's going to be work getting to it so I want to know. Both magnetos...
  6. I

Onan 12.5hp boxer flat head not moving

My onan will move back and forth a few degrees but it doesnt go all the way. its definetly rusty and crusty inside but the pistons move so does the exhaust valve.:grind:
  7. I

30hp briggs.

I have a 19cc head, bearing sleeve block, tillotson carb, and 2 random grinds on a cam. How much can I bore it? And with 15:1 compression can I use a dynocams cs4? Or would I have to go down to 11:1 compression and thicker gasket to clear a cam or bigger head. How big of a cam can I use without...
  8. I

boring cast iron sleeve .120 over.

How far is too far too bore my i/c motor. .150 piston would bore the sleeve out but would .120 be cool?
  9. I

briggs mtd 5hp yard machine cam advance.

Well hi. I'm new. Any way lets get to it. Everyone knows how Briggs blows air out the carb right? Advance the cam a tooth. Way more compression. I will run it tomorrow and post results. I'll try to get a picture of my mower to tired though. I hope this is a new idea.