Search results

1. E

New Predator 212cc Leak

The new one doesn't leak!!!
  2. E

New Predator 212cc Leak

Ran it one last time after trying to break it in more...still leaked like crazy. Emptied the fluids and exchanged it yesterday. Fingers crossed that this new one works. I'll post some pics when it's back together.
  3. E

New Predator 212cc Leak

I know it's not from the chain and I double-checked the oil level today. The oil is a few threads from the top. I was afraid that everyone would suggest taking it back.:sad: I took the clutch off today and let it run for 30+ minutes - varying the throttle to really break it in. I will put...
  4. E

New Predator 212cc Leak

Just put a brand new 212 on my doodle bug and noticed oil splatter coming out from the crank case where the shaft comes out. The oil is making it's way into the clutch and is being tossed all over the bike and my pants leg. I filled with with 10w30 per the instructions and maybe have 15...
  5. E

rear sprocket size?

Would this work? 4-9484 - 60 tooth, #35 Steel Plate Sprocket | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply
  6. E

Thoughts on this bike

Thanks, got it for $120. Needs some things (cables, chain, rear tire). I have a Intek 6hp that I might put on it.
  7. E

DB 30 - Couple of Questions

Picked up my first used DB30 (the older bright green one). It's completely stock and needs the following things: brake cable, throttle cable/twist throttle, and rear tire. 1: The brake cable has a kink in it so I was just going to pick up a new cable housing for a bike brake - make sense...
  8. E

Thoughts on this bike

Fixed up the bike and sold it for $140. Now I have my sights on this one: $150 but needs carb work and throttle cable. Need to check condition of rear tire too.
  9. E

Thoughts on this bike

Finally got around to working on the bike and discovered that when the frame broke in the back they welded it in the broken position. I got the motor unstuck (was rusted) and it runs great. I think I'm going to dump it back on CL to get my $$ back. I really want a DB30. Which one is...
  10. E

Thoughts on this bike

Does anyone know if the Baja mb200 body parts will fit on the older mb165? I found someone on CL selling fenders, tank, seat, and foot pegs for $25. It's a little bit of a drive, but worth it if they will fit.
  11. E

Thoughts on this bike

Keith - Thank you for the helpful information. I also read that some people use a halflink on the small chain to shorten it just enough to not need the tensioner. Have you seen that done? I'm currently working on a go-kart project for the kids, so this is next in line. Can't wait.
  12. E

Thoughts on this bike

Thanks, I ended up getting it. The rust is only surface so painting the frame should be easy. Trying to see if I can get the motor unstuck should be fun. Need to by some parts for the Jackshaft Assembly as you can see it's missing some. Not ready to drop $$ on a TAV.
  13. E

Thoughts on this bike

Thanks. I've read that you can use JB Weld to fill in the low spots. Going to pick up the bike today unless the frame is really toast after I see it in person. Any additional help you can send my way via PM would be greatly appreciated. I will see if I can pull the model from the frame today...
  14. E

Thoughts on this bike

I think I will pick it up and try to get the motor free. Looking at other pics, I would say it sat in the rain for a while. Are the tires tube or tubeless? Tube should be easy to repair to keep air, not sure about repairing tubeless though. Do you know if the front shock is spring or oil...
  15. E

Thoughts on this bike

$40 on CL. The jiangdong 5.5 hp is locked up and the tires don't hold air. Frame looks straight. Come with the seat, but that's it for missing parts (no other covers/fenders, etc.)