Search results

1. Old_iron

Bonanza briggs throttle

I'll pull the tank off later today. What should it look like?
  2. Old_iron

Bonanza briggs throttle

Ok, I disconnected the big spring that was linking the governor and the static throttle lever. Now the carb throttle seems to move as it should and I see where I should attach the throttle cable. Now for the other problem, with it only running barely at full choke, then speeding up ful throttle...
  3. Old_iron

Bonanza briggs throttle

Here are some more pictures of the setup. My son will be riding this so I want to keep the governor in place. Can I hook up the throttle cable to the clamp piece (a) and through the hole (b) or should it be different?
  4. Old_iron

Bonanza briggs throttle

Does anyone know how to hook this up?
  5. Old_iron

Bonanza briggs throttle

We almost have my sons Bonanza project ready to roll. We are having trouble though getting the throttle set up right. Brand new carb. I can only keep it running by manipulating the choke, and it runs at full throttle, engaging the clutch. Do I have something hooked up wrong with the governor...
  6. Old_iron

Original Comet 30 series torque convertor

Price lowered to $150
  7. Old_iron

I am not positive but it think it fits under a normal Honda or clone. Maybe others, I don't think really know. Lmk if you want it via PM.
  8. Old_iron

Price lowered to $175
  9. Old_iron

Price lowered to $200
  10. Old_iron

I am selling the last of my mini bike parts. This is an asymmetric 30 series. Driver and driven, with belt. See pictures for measurements. $250 plus actual ground shipping from Idaho. Accept PayPal friends and family or regular if you pay the fee %. First one to PM me with an "I'll take it"...
  11. Old_iron

What carb can I use on this?

I bought a new replacement carb and my son and I cleaned out the old tank using the rock method. We were just about to paint it when I noticed it has pinholes in the bottom, rusted through! Does anyone have one of these laying around they would part with at a low price?
  12. Old_iron

That looks promising. With a carb like that is there a vintage-style air filter to put in front of it?
  13. Old_iron

It is a rigid frame Bonanza. Anyone know how to find the age from the serial number on the nameplate?
  14. Old_iron

That is a great tip, I think I'll give that a try!
  15. Old_iron

Thanks for that info, is there probably a part number I can pull off the carb to use to find a rebuild kit on ebay?
  16. Old_iron

My son is finally old enough to have interest in getting my Bonanza up and running. I have this old 6 hp Briggs and the carb is all gummed up and not working. I found this old round tank that I was thinking might be cool to use instead of the original setup... My question: is there a...
  17. Old_iron

Yard Marvel Mountaineer Trail Style Bike

I have mostly finished refurbishing this and have just realized I don't have the space. Here are the details: Original gear system (as far as I can tell) (ball knob is on the shifter lever, just not shown in pics) Comet clutch (copy) Custom seats Original tires Briggs (6hp?) I still...
  18. Old_iron

The OldMiniBikes All-Terrain, Trail Bike, Pack Mule, Tote Gote & Utility Bike Thread

Yard Marvel Mountaineer Trail Style Bike Yard Marvel Mountaineer Trail Style Bike Original gear system (as far as I can tell) (ball knob is on the shifter lever, just not shown in pics) Comet clutch (copy) Custom seats Original tires Briggs (6hp?) I still need to fab...
  19. Old_iron

Floating comet driven?

Ok, thanks for the great info, I'll collar it into place.
  20. Old_iron

Floating comet driven?

I am mounting a 30 series driven on a keyed jack shaft. Does it have to be held in horizontal position with a pair of collars or can it float?