Search results

1. Old_iron

Bonanza briggs throttle

We almost have my sons Bonanza project ready to roll. We are having trouble though getting the throttle set up right. Brand new carb. I can only keep it running by manipulating the choke, and it runs at full throttle, engaging the clutch. Do I have something hooked up wrong with the governor...
  2. Old_iron

Original Comet 30 series torque convertor

I am selling the last of my mini bike parts. This is an asymmetric 30 series. Driver and driven, with belt. See pictures for measurements. $250 plus actual ground shipping from Idaho. Accept PayPal friends and family or regular if you pay the fee %. First one to PM me with an "I'll take it"...
  3. Old_iron

What carb can I use on this?

My son is finally old enough to have interest in getting my Bonanza up and running. I have this old 6 hp Briggs and the carb is all gummed up and not working. I found this old round tank that I was thinking might be cool to use instead of the original setup... My question: is there a...
  4. Old_iron

Yard Marvel Mountaineer Trail Style Bike

I have mostly finished refurbishing this and have just realized I don't have the space. Here are the details: Original gear system (as far as I can tell) (ball knob is on the shifter lever, just not shown in pics) Comet clutch (copy) Custom seats Original tires Briggs (6hp?) I still...
  5. Old_iron

Floating comet driven?

I am mounting a 30 series driven on a keyed jack shaft. Does it have to be held in horizontal position with a pair of collars or can it float?
  6. Old_iron

Deepco Maximatic 1" Driver Clutch

Hi, I need one of these (that is in working shape, does not need to be pretty) for my Mountaineer. Let me know if you have one! (PM me please, I am not getting reply notifications.)
  7. Old_iron

Deepco Maximatic Clutch Help!

So, I am in the middle of my Mountaineer build and am trying to figure out my drive system options. The bike has the Deepco driven pulley still on it, but of course, no driver. After a mild attempt to pull the bearing off the shaft, I am thinking I may leave the Deepco on there. It measures...
  8. Old_iron

12v Electric starter

12v Electric starter - $75 + shipping (paypal as gift) I have tested it with a battery, it works great. 14 lbs
  9. Old_iron

Sears Runabout / Bird Wren roller

I have too many projects so this one has to go. Forks are bent, pegs are bent. Wheels are pretty far gone, have some rust-through. The bike is currently taken apart and can be boxed up pretty easily. $150 Shipping UPS - Might be the cheapest option. Fastenal - I've used them...
  10. Old_iron

Sears Roper Roller

Sears Roper Roller I have too many projects so this one has to go. Has indian head Carlisle tires. Sorry, I don't have any other parts for this bike. $200 Shipping Fastenal - I've used them before for large and heavy shipments and I was happy. Last time I paid $125 for...
  11. Old_iron

Custom forks / triple tree

Custom Forks - $50 Shipped (Anywhere in the lower 48) These were custom made by someone and have not yet been drilled out. The tubes are about 44 inches long and 1 1/2 inches thick (OD). Tube sidewalls measure about .096 thick. They are 5 inches apart, center to center. There is 3 1/2"...
  12. Old_iron

Lot of custom Briggs flathead cams, parts

Price does not include shipping. This one will ship USPS. I have included the weight and you can run rate quotes yourself from zip code 83864. PM me with any questions. Thanks! Large lot of custom cams/ parts - $75 What I know about these is that at some point they were exposed to moisture and...
  13. Old_iron

Misc Parts for sale

All prices do not include shipping. I will ship all the engines and bulky things UPS. I have included the unpackaged weight and you can run rate quotes yourself from zip code 83864. PM me with any questions. Thanks! Kart-style wheels and tires - $40 4.5/10.0-5 Bearing ID is somewhere...
  14. Old_iron

4 Engines and starter for sale

All prices do not include shipping. I will ship all the engines and bulky things UPS. I have included the unpackaged weight and you can run rate quotes yourself from zip code 83864. PM me with any questions. Thanks! Briggs & Stratton 4HP - $50 This engine runs great and seems to be real low...
  15. Old_iron

HS40 carb air leak

I spent some today trying to get my HS40 up and running. I could it to run at pull choke but nothing I did get get it torun past full choke. After doing some reading I sprayed carb cleaner around different parts of the carb while the engine was running. Lo and behold, the throttle shaft seems...
  16. Old_iron

WTT: Shortened Yard Marvel Mountaineer frame

I have a Mountaineer that has been shortened. It was a good job, I couldn't tell until I spent some time looking very closely. I am looking for someone who has a full-length frame and wants to trade. If I can't find anyone then I'll 'undo' the shrink job on my frame, but I wanted to give...
  17. Old_iron

Pack Mule roller

This one has the fold down forks (2 bolts), and the extending rear frame for more storage. $200 Shipping UPS - You can check rates from Spokane WA. I can weigh it if you need. Fastenal - I've used them before for large and heavy shipments and I was happy. Last time I paid $125 for about...
  18. Old_iron

Tote Gote Roller

This seems to be in pretty good shape. I don't know if everything is there in the gear train, so I included a photo of that. $200 Shipping UPS - You can check rates from Spokane WA. I can weigh it if you need. Fastenal - I've used them before for large and heavy shipments and I was...
  19. Old_iron

Custom chopper with clone

This comes with a nice steel rear fender that I didn't get a picture of. I don't know if the engine runs, it does turn over with compression. It is 196cc with a 3/4" shaft. Brake seems to work well. $200 Shipping UPS - You can check rates from Spokane WA. I can weigh it if you need...
  20. Old_iron

Sidekick roller

The frame has been sandblasted and is very clean, very little to no pitting. The tires are old, they might be serviceable? No axles, the wheels are just posed there for the pictures. Everything looks very straight to me. $200 + shipping **SOLD** Shipping I will ship UPS, and will wrap...