Search results

1. J

I think its a Bronc Vt-3?

Picked this up over the weekend for $200 Can anyone confirm that its a VT-3? Is it a Trail Bronc or a Super Bronc? 5hp with the generator for the lights. The chrome's a little rough and I have the cover for the Torque converter. Needs tires.
  2. J

Whirlwind project

Before: After:
  3. J

Bent Forks or anique rake angle

Thanks Guys! Kinda what I thought. The latest one I saw on CL has the scrub brake. Can this be effectively bent back? Thanks, JR
  4. J

Bent Forks or anique rake angle

Lately, I've seen several frames on CL with forks that appear to be bent back a bit as if someone ran the bike into a wall. Where the bike designed this way or are the forks bent? Thanks, JR EDIT: Title was supposed to be "unique", not anique.
  5. J

Help ID'ing this project bike.

Thanks for the info. What years was this bike produced?
  6. J

Help ID'ing this project bike.

Any idea what this is? Thinking of buying it. All help appreciated, JR
  7. J

H40 Questions

UPDATE: Removed the Breather and the tube was pushed in too far. It was touching the back of the breather chamber. This effectively blocked the tube and all the crankcase pressure was finding it's way out around the governor shaft causing the oil leak. Clutch engages at about 2200, so I'm ok...
  8. J

Whirlwind MB-4 questions

Not sure if a Whirlwind is considered US Vintage, so I hope this is in the right section of the forum... Got ahold of a Whirlwind with the Tecumseh H40. Oxidized red paint with faded decals but most of the parts seem to be there. Got it running over the weekend and took a quick ride, but...
  9. J

H40 Questions

Got ahold of a Whirlwind with the Tecumseh H40. A couple questions: 1. It has an oil leak from the gov shaft. Yes, the shaft has some play, but I'm thinking maybe the breather isn't working right and the pressure is blowing oil out the governor shaft hole. All suggested...
  10. J

New to group and new owner of a Whirlwind

Just wanted to introduce myself. Got ahold of a Whirlwind with the Tecumseh H40. Oxidized red paint with faded decals but most of the parts seem to be there. Got it running over the weekend and took a quick ride, but it'll be a project to get everything right. A couple questions: 1...