Search results

1. noseoil

Doodlebug - Stretch

Starting a Doodlebug build. I found a "used" Doodlebug in town for $25, so I grabbed it. Here's how it looked when I found it, a bit rough, but for the money it was a good deal. The main stuff I need is there, the rest I'll have to figure out as I go. Stripped it down & did a chop for an 8"...
  2. noseoil

Broken spring

Just curious, I'm running the Black Mamba cam, stock rockers (1:1 ratio) & all new SS valves, retainers, lash caps & 26 pound springs. Did a test pass today & at 6880 rpm it snapped a spring on the exhaust side. Fortunately, it didn't suck the valve & I've replaced the spring with an older one...
  3. noseoil

VC 460 rpm range?

Wondering who has built one of these motors? Which parts, cam, insides etc. & what rpm range is "safe" for pulling good sustained power out of this type of motor?
  4. noseoil

Balancing?

Wondering how many people are balancing their crankshaft/piston combinations here. I've had to pull the head on my modded motor & am thinking it would benefit from a balance. I've never done this, but am interested in how much it would help. Right now it shakes pretty badly at 3800-4000 rpm...
  5. noseoil

New build, straight line speed attempt...

Started a new build, wanting to go faster with the modified motor I did a while ago. This is going to be a bit of an experiment in many ways. I'm really rusty at welding, but doing better after more than 40 years of none at all. I finally got the shop set up well enough to do this one, after a...
  6. noseoil

18X8X8 rim & brake recommendation?

Building a bike for straight-line racing, want to use the 18x8x8 Jr. Dragster slick on the back end for higher top end. What's a good rim/hub/brake setup for a 1" live axle? I've been looking around, but there's a bunch of stuff out there so it's a bit confusing. What do you recommend that works...
  7. noseoil

Chain tension & axle creep?

I keep having a problem with chain tension & wonder what I can do to help keep it from happening. Basically, I adjust the chain to get it where I want, but after riding, it seems like I get axle creep & the tension increases until it's too tight. I have the axle in place & tighten the nuts to...
  8. noseoil

212 & built motor vibration

I've seen threads about 212cc predator engines & vibration, just wanting to know about other people's rides & what they find is "normal" with a modded motor. The build is a 212 hemi, billet rod & flywheel, 11:1 Bullfrog piston, Black Mamba cam, mild porting, header & Mikuni VM22-133 carb with...
  9. noseoil

PMR Jackshaft kit for the Warrior

I need to get working on the motor I built for the bike, but the TAV2 wasn't up to the job. I couldn't really do a proper job of tuning, since the TAV was limiting rpms too much & was not happy pushing it that hard. Above 4000 rpms, where it made the real power, wasn't too good for the TAV...
  10. noseoil

Wanted: Baja Warrior struts

Have a hole in one of my front struts, so I need a pair to rebuild. Looking for a set from an old MB165 or MB200 someone can part with for not too expensive. Will replace the seals, but fasteners must be in good shape, not butchered & holes (for axle, etc.) must be good still to work with...
  11. noseoil

MB165 leaking strut

I have a pin hole in one of the struts which is leaking during bumps & hard riding. Will the MB200 struts fit the MB165? I found some online, but I'm wondering if they are the same. I've seen it both ways, they fit & they don't. Anyone know about this one? I would do a rebuild, but the hole is...
  12. noseoil

Talking Smack in ... (Denver & other places too)

This thread is dedicated to certain people who have an ongoing grudge & need to get it out of their systems. I'm hoping it will clear up some bandwidth from other threads, so we don't have to listen to who has a bigger "Johnson" & who has a faster bike. Let's get the popcorn started folks & see...
  13. noseoil

New bike, another Warrior

Found a "new" to me bike yesterday, an old Warrior Heat & lots of aches & pains (metal fenders). It just needs a little bit of work & maybe a tire or two, but should be a good rider once it's finished. Will post along the way as I make some progress. Plan on leaving it mostly stock, but will be...
  14. noseoil

TAV2 backing plate to a clutch?

Has anyone changed a TAV 2 backing plate into a chain-to-chain drive? I'm getting up to 15 hp & thinking I may want to run a chain-driven clutch instead of the belt system it comes with from the factory. Seems like I could just run the jackshaft with a sprocket as a driven part, make a sleeve to...
  15. noseoil

Need Mikuni help / idle speed too high

Finally fired up the new motor & I have a small problem with the Mikuni 22mm carb. It seems to run a bit fast, as in really fast at idle. Here's what it does at idle... I changed the TAV springs to white ones (3100 engagement) & it's idling fast enough to spin the rear tire at idle...
  16. noseoil

A build for speed

I'm in the planning stages for a mini bike built for top speed. Not wanting a drag bike necessarily, but something which will go very fast on the top end. I'd like input on wheel & tire combinations to do this. The front tire will most likely be an 8" spinner rim for a 5/8" axle, but not...
  17. noseoil

Bonneville & the salt, 2017

Is anyone going to Wendover this week? Speedweek starts again on Friday! I'll be back at the salt again & if you're up there, stop by & say hello. We set up between the pits & the fuel truck at the edge of the track each year. Will have the bike for transport & the camper for sleeping. tim...
  18. noseoil

Hemi build started

I'm building a motor for a new bike (I don't have it yet, more to come on that one later). Decided to build with the 212 predator (60363) I got with a coupon for $99.00 at HF. It's nothing too wild, but here's the plan so far. Black Mamba cam 0.275" lift, 26# springs Bullfrog's pop-up...
  19. noseoil

Exhaust spring, borrowed from sixpac440's thread

Here's how the die spring sounds in my bike. https://youtu.be/rIAXOJVS7WE
  20. noseoil

Tucson?

Wondering about any members from Tucson or the surrounding area. Would like to hear from you & maybe go for a ride when it cools off a bit (October maybe this year?) & there's time. Let me know, tim