Search results

1. walkergenes

Whisper Jet XL chopper need pics of unrestored bike

You're welcome. They were probably taken in 1973. My little sis was born November of 1970, and she looks about 2 going on 3. Yes, I got the bike new.. it was probably for my birthday (May). It's been a long time, I can't remember a lot from 7 y/o, but I think I remember the box it came in, too...
  2. walkergenes

Just registered, needing help finding info on vintage bike manufacturer.

Honestly, when I started looking for it online (before I knew the name), I figured I'd find hundreds of old pictures of it. Who would've figured there are literally no mint or restored bike photos, as far as we know. Yeah, it was cool having a mini bike. I couldn't really ride trails like my...
  3. Whisper Jet XL / Sensation Chopper Mini-Bikes

Whisper Jet XL / Sensation Chopper Mini-Bikes

The only 2 photos I have of our old bikes, 1971/1972.
  4. Whisper Jet XL / Sensation Chopper Mini-Bikes

Whisper Jet XL / Sensation Chopper Mini-Bikes

The only 2 photos I have of our old bikes, 1971/1972.
  5. walkergenes

I found the other photo. Mine was a Whisper Jet XL. I'm going to try to post photos to my gallery. Same bike as the guy in the recent forum post who's trying to restore his.
  6. walkergenes

Whisper Jet XL chopper need pics of unrestored bike

I think you've got my bike, bro. Here's 1 of only 2 photos I have, the other is scanned, just have to locate.. it gives a view of the other side. Not the best, but something to go on, at least. Yours is the first match I've found. https://www.flickr.com/photos/wgdcimages/30126271682/
  7. walkergenes

Yes, most of the photos I've found on Google photos were OldMiniBikes links. I sent you a PM with the images. Thanks for the search info, there's a lot of stuff to check out, definitely. I'm really glad I found this forum.
  8. walkergenes

Hi, RobertC. Thanks, good to be here. Yes, they do look bigger with us on them. I was 6, could barely touch the ground with my feet. It would be interesting to stand beside it today.. I grew to be 6'4". Our yard was too small for chopper mini bikes, so we used to ride them at an old airport...
  9. walkergenes

I believe you are right, it looks like a Sensation. I found a manufacturer's model diagram. Of course, I can't post it here :(
  10. walkergenes

That was my sister's, she got maybe 6 months or a year before I got mine. It was actually faster, and I can't remember exactly, but pretty sure it had a Briggs & Stratton engine. It also had a foot pedal rear brake (slightly visible in the photo, on right side of the bike). In later years...
  11. walkergenes

You got the bell ringing with the word "jet". Several times that word popped in my head, beforehand. I did a search for whisper jet, and found this photo of a front decal/plate: (my 3rd attempt to post with no pic url / keep getting error message too many urls) That may or may not be the exact...
  12. walkergenes

Thanks, 45T. Here's one photo, it's the bike in the background https://www.flickr.com/photos/wgdcimages/30126271682/
  13. walkergenes

Hello all. Just registered a few minutes ago. I ran across this site while searching for pics of the exact bike I had as a kid. I have 2 photos I'll be sharing later. I can't for the life of me find a photo of the exact model anywhere online. It was the baddest chopper minibike (for a kid in the...