Search results

1. maknwar

Need help tuning mikuni

I'm having a little trouble with tuning my new mikuni VM22. It's on a predator 212 hemi with black mamba cam and 26# springs. I have the stock pilot and main jets in it, 30 and 100 respectively. I started with the air screw 2 turns out, started it up and adjusted the idle a little high. Then...
  2. maknwar

Air filter size

I am looking at air filters for a newly acquired Mikuni carb and I see large filters and some really tiny filters. My question to the engine builders out there is, does the filter size really matter? I really like this one, would something like this be too small for a 212cc mild build...
  3. maknwar

OldMiniBikes warehouse mobile site

Hent, any plans on making the OldMiniBikes.com site mobile friendly? I hate browsing the site on my phone. Anyone else feel the same? Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk
  4. maknwar

Finally done with my DB30

What do you all think? Isky cam, arc flywheel and rod. Big shout out to richdalton and FOMOGO for parts that I needed. Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes mobile app powered by Tapatalk
  5. maknwar

Front axle bolt

So my front axle bolt has some boogered up threads and I don't have the due to fix it. Do you think a grade 2 bolt from the hardware store will be strong enough? I would get a grade 5 or 8 but they don't have them that long. Other options would be $20 for the bolt from OldMiniBikes, get the die, or...
  6. maknwar

Took it all apart, now I need help

I took the rear wheel off, took off the sprocket and disc to put new wheel bearings in. Now I can't remember how it should go together. Does the sprocket go on the longer hub side? Which side does the wider spacer go on? I hate getting older.
  7. maknwar

doodlebug sprocket adapter

I'm looking for the one OldMiniBikes sells. Does anyone know if OldMiniBikes will ever get them back in stock? Does anyone else sell them?
  8. maknwar

Wanted: hemi arc parts and cam

Looking to hop up my hemi. Arc flywheel, arc rod and a cam needed. Whatcha got?
  9. maknwar

How to hide another mini bike from wife?

I found another mini bike that is too good of a deal to pass up but my wife is going to kill me if I get another one. She parks her car in the garage so she will definitely see it. Should I go for it or pass to avoid the inevitable argument? By the way she's 8 months pregnant.
  10. maknwar

Help with color scheme

I am having a hard time finding a cool looking color scheme for my doodlebug. I've thought about just about every color but without seeing it I can't decide. Can anyone post some cool pics to help me decide?
  11. maknwar

MCP brake setup for foot

Anyone ever rig up a MCP brake kit to a mini bike? Left foot pedal brake would be interesting. Seems it wouldn't be too hard if I had a welder and the MCP mini lite caliper would be small enough to mount maybe.
  12. maknwar

Paint vs powder coat

Trying to decide between the two. I can get everything powder coated for about $100 or I can strip, sand and paint for probably half that. I don't plan on taking it off road except for the yard. What does everyone prefer when redoing a mini bike?
  13. maknwar

Flathead had oil everywhere on outside

I am restoring a 5hp flathead and it looks like oil was coming out of the valve cover breather. I just broke it all down and the intake valve looks pretty bad covered in oil. It also doesn't look like it seats properly. Question is, would the valve not seating properly cause oil to leak down...
  14. maknwar

Looking for doodlebug rear fender

Needing old style, DB30, rear fender. Color doesn't matter.
  15. maknwar

Project doodle bug

So I picked this up cheap and it has a Briggs 206cc on it. Can anyone tell me about it? Trying to decide if I should rebuild it or put a predator on it. The left foot peg is also broken off. Trying to decide if I should cut the other one off or fix it to original condition...
  16. maknwar

Mini bike id

What is this and is it worth $200? https://i.imgur.com/XcHfAwe.png https://i.imgur.com/7ZkABX7.png
  17. maknwar

Help with arc top plate install

Just got this kit: DJ-1014 ARC Box Stock Parts Kit - ARC Racing It's for a predator 69730, and ordered the 1144 part. Can't figure out how to install. The front bolt isn't long enough and the linkage interferes with the top plate. https://i.imgur.com/6aSfC6A.jpg...
  18. maknwar

Looking for a mini bike in Cincinnati area

Looking for a roller, something like a doodlebug. Cincinnati area preferred but would travel for something cheap. Condition doesn't matter as long as its fixable.
  19. maknwar

Where do you find your mini bikes?

I'm in Ohio near Cincinnati and have not been able to locate a decent priced mini bike frame. I look on craigslist but most are coleman bikes that people are selling for $450. I looked online but can only find the Azusa frames. I really like the Taco Frijole on the Taco website but for $375 I...
  20. maknwar

Where to find oem predator valve keepers

I can't find one stinking keeper. Who sells them?