Search results

1. K

Give me a brake

Thanks for insight...... 4 bolts hold drum on & I'd have to measure. (same bolts hold sprocket on so could measure w/o disassembly)
  2. K

Give me a brake

See my pics above. Thanks for help.
  3. K

Give me a brake

4. brake options

brake options

views of rear axle
  5. brake options

brake options

views of rear axle
  6. brake options

brake options

views of rear axle
  7. brake options

brake options

views of rear axle
  8. K

TAV question

Belt alignment okay? I had driven pulley assembled w/ a spacer out of place and it made clutch grab & buck....created a lot of belt dust. Even with assembled correctly, had alignment issues so had to add spacers (shims) on driven and grind spacer on drive pulley.
  9. K

Give me a brake

Is there any application for a clutch brake on a Comet TAV30 Torque Converter? My searching seems to show only for centrifical clutches.
  10. K

Give me a brake

my apologies for duplicate post, not intentional.
  11. K

Give me a brake

I read some other posts & seems this Azusa brake plate isn't effective for anyone. Rest of story is that I put the old brake plate & drum back on not really remembering why I replaced it in first place. On test ride the brake was effective till rotary force overcame the stop. This increased...
  12. K

when to draw the line ??

I feel your pain. My fix-up winds up being a 1970 Fox Sundowner. I fancied trying to put it back to as close to original as possible. I needed an engine, tank & pipe at a minimum. The group put me in touch with an RL Fragoman (minibikeman1@gmail.com) who apparently purchased assets of Fox Corp...
  13. K

Give me a brake

Need some ideas on correcting weak brake complaint. I have an Fox Sundowner that I installed (years ago) an Azusa Engineering model 2208 4 1/2 inch brake plate & drum. Very Weak brake action then & now. I have the brake arm positioned at a 90 degree angle & have adjusted out all the slack so...
  14. K

Give me a brake

Need some ideas on correcting weak brake complaint. I have an Fox Sundowner that I installed (years ago) an Azusa Engineering model 2208 4 1/2 inch brake plate & drum. Very Weak brake action then & now. I have the brake arm positioned at a 90 degree angle & have adjusted out all the slack so...
  15. K

Exhausted

what's your thoughts on the center frame loop, is it necessary? My mindset has been to keep the frame intact as much as possible, but as Eric at OldMiniBikes Warehouse essentially said "Sometimes you have to alter the junk you got to fit the junk you can get" I am also curious if you had to adapt the...
  16. K

Exhausted

Thanks ole4. That's a handsome mini. OldMiniBikes's had two suggestions. Alter the underseat pipe I bought in a kit with aircleaner or try their ubuild it kit. Either way, I'm not that skilled of a welder. I hesitate altering the frame as someday I may be able to locate a Sachs engine and try to put...
  17. K

Exhausted

Looking for ideas for solution to getting economic exhaust for my predator install onto a Fox Sundowner frame. I had to space the engine upward to gain sufficient clearance for the driven sprocket on the clutch.
  18. Fox Sundowner exhaust

Fox Sundowner exhaust

Need Suggestions for exhaust for Predator 212cc install on fox sundowner frame
  19. Fox Sundowner exhaust

Fox Sundowner exhaust

Need Suggestions for exhaust for Predator 212cc install on fox sundowner frame
  20. K

Pulled it out of back of shed after 16 years

Thanks for help. Got an exhaust, intake & jet kit from OldMiniBikes Warehouse....Had to repair mig welder. Now ready to be creative!