Search results

1. K

Needed - Front Fork for a MB165/Baja Carbon

I believe there are two versions I ran across. The set they use for the MB200 and the mini baja MB165 - The mini's are shorter by 2 inches or so. I actually have a 1 silver shock for the mini - but I dont think you need that. Your best bet if you dont find someone here willing to sell you...
  2. K

"New Baja"

heres where I put mine, I put on a top plate where the gast tank used to be, and 3d printed a battery box for a small starter battery. The real tank I put on is one of those $70 ebay deals - looks a little small, but fits well.
  3. K

Tav2 Cover

I received all my parts today. I will begin putting the TAV 2 on tomorrow. I did get the GTC Cover today...GEEEEEEEZ its rough! The adapter metal holes do not even come close to lining up with the cast aluminium holes.
  4. K

New to me Baja - Input Requested

wait - if he bought it from OldMiniBikes, wouldn't it already have the right belt? Why would they sell a kit with the wrong belt? ]I'm asking because I bought the exact same $69 kit and wondering what belt I should buy.
  5. K

Tav2 Cover

I ordered the TAV2 from OldMiniBikes, and I ordered that $110 aluminum cover - I will give full review of it when I get it all. Koz
  6. K

Tav2 Cover

Sorry to bump old thread! After rebuilding my baja and powdercoating the jackshaft metal cover, and chain guard....I decided to go TAV2 now.. Anyone see the torque converter covers? do they fit? I want to have it powder coated the same color as my other bike parts High Grade Aluminum Cast...
  7. K

New Baja re-Build

Seals or dust covers? Expensive but its the only alternative to my 3d Printed ones :( Fork Dust Seal 26mm x 37mm (Pair) | eBay
  8. K

"New Baja"

Thanks for the tip on those brake pads - Going to order some now!
  9. K

Motor upgrade to 1" Shaft - Torque Converter Question

Thx - its pricy at $199 40 Series TAV Combo Drive and Driven - GoPowerSports.com I was afraid it wouldnt because the tav 40 uses a 7/8" wide drive belt - I am not even sure what size belt the tav 30 has. Yeah I didnt think about the backplate thx! This is cheap: 40 SERIES 1" DRIVER DRIVEN...
  10. K

Motor upgrade to 1" Shaft - Torque Converter Question

I'm upgrading a 8hp Robin motor to a HF VTwin 670cc motor, the shaft is now 1" instead of the Robins 3/4. It has a TAV30 torque converter on it now. Can I but just the Driver/Driven Clutch side of the TAV40 that is 1" and keep the reset of the torque converter the same?
  11. K

Restore old sprocket

Turned out super nice and clean! like new! Did you take it to a place to get resurfaced? If so how much was it? Not everyone has a Blanchard Surface Grinder handy :)
  12. K

New Baja re-Build

Almost done! Just need to finish up the electric start wiring and lights, and add USMC decals!
  13. K

Manco Intruder RT 211cc Upgrade

Howdy, I have zero experience with goKarts, and want to help my neighbor resurrect his old Intruder. He wants more power. it has a 7 hp Robin motor, anyway I can squeeze out more HP with a jetted carb, new air intake, and new exhaust? I don't see ANY performance kits for these. I am only...
  14. K

New Baja re-Build

Yeah you can get those tanks for $65-85 on ebay, and about $10 for mounting cushion/hardware. Sadly OldMiniBikes site is selling the same tanks for $95-100. search for Honda Monkey Gas Tank
  15. K

New Baja re-Build

Update! Honda Part # 17611-028-000 is perfect fit (order two of them) Got it all attached, and rather easy and inexpensive. I was going to get a 1/2" weldable rod but then I found this zink plated bolt that was $1.85 (I know about welding zink, gives off toxic fumes) I will tac weld the...
  16. K

baja warrior rollers/frames

Excellent prices, and not bad shape either! Wish I lived closer! I actually hate the desert where I live now, 100f + for 8 months a year not fun
  17. K

New Baja re-Build

I ordered 3 different kinds of rubber cushions. The one I know will fit because it shows dimensions: Pair Honda CL90 S90 Z Z50 S110 V45 TRX125 ATC70 Fr Gas Tank Rubber Mount Cushion | eBay However its from Indonesia - and it will prob take a week or two to get here. I ordered this one...
  18. K

New Baja re-Build

man you got it! I just ordered two off ebay. Thanks! I will have to weld something up for them to slide onto but thats no big deal! Beats welding into that gas tank, and will help with vibration on it. Story of my life waiting for parts being shipped!
  19. K

New Baja re-Build

I received the tank tonight! It will work out nice... now the mounting issue. What do you guys think about mig/tig welding two long bolts to attach to the OldMiniBikes aftermarket tank I bought? Otherwise I think I would have to 3D Print some sort of front attachment/adaptor to the frame tube...
  20. K

Restore old sprocket

Got them cleaned! Thx guys for the input. I ended up just using some Brake Cleaner + parts cleaner solvent (home depot) in a bucket over night, and used a nylon wire brush.