Search results

1. S

Gasoline question

Taryl Fixes All did a comprehensive series on Snake Oil additives.
  2. S

Gasoline question

Non-ethanol, recreation use, 90 octane. Rec 90 or Rec 89 in Michigan. sorry about the confustion, my bad.
  3. S

Gasoline question

Seafoam for decades. Rec 90 in a clean No-spill can. Carb re-builds look like new inside.
  4. S

Maybe a Apc mini chopper / mini bike

Looks like our APC chopper. The rear wheel might be a replacement, ours is a twin. Gonna need a lot of frame reinforcements. The steel welds poorly at best.
  5. S

Where do you buy metal?

Alro Metal, Jackson, Michigan.
  6. S

Crankshaft drill and tap

I’ve seen both 3/8” NF and 5/16 NF. Probably depends on the size required for the CVT. But are the keys different ?
  7. S

Clutch Decisions

Holler if you need a drill tap guide.
  8. S

Crankshaft drill and tap

I can make drill tap guides for just about any small engine. My bigger lathe is a 10x24 and the sky is pretty much the limit. I would need some specifics and output shaft Outside Diameter, in several places with a micrometer.
  9. S

Happy new years !!!

Happy New Year everyone. Safe travels.
  10. S

Merry Christmas to all!

Merry Christmas everyone. Safe travels
  11. S

Project Muffalotta!

If you had access to a mill and a rotary indexer, you could make a drill guide. Shape it like a cup, slip it over the miffler housing, fasten the muffler/guide in a pipe thread fixture. Drill the perfectly spaced holes with a step drill. Remove and de-burr. Or are you thinking to stamping...
  12. S

having trouble with mini bike build

I can machine them for any output shaft OD and any thread form.
  13. S

having trouble with mini bike build

I still have a few of my 5/16-24 drill tap guides for 3/4” and 5/8” crankshafts. $20 plus shipping. Sized for a Letter I drill bit.
  14. S

stuck triple tree bolt -help?

Heat Gibbs Shock with a non-marring brass hammer. Repeat for a week. Lots of good choices here.
  15. S

Jackshaft questions

Max Torque clutch, might as well get a Workhorse. 5/8” OD jackshaft, this will allow installation of a drum/band brake kit. These make a wonderful left side secondary brake.
  16. S

Jackshaft questions

You can google mini bike jackshaft calculator. Or go kart jackshaft calculator. Most Max Torque clutches like somewhere between 5:1 and 6:1 or taller.
  17. S

best way to cut off unwanted welded on brackets and added steal to frames

Two 4 1/2” angle grinders: One with a Pearl brand cut-off wheel, The other with a Diablo flap/ polish wheel. Then mill file and sand thru the grades.
  18. S

Is 70 old age?

Just hit 70. Keep pushing. After 65, it’s all plug and patch. Go Dog, go.
  19. S

1971 HS40

Ma Markus, We have had some success using a brass threaded bolt. First we chase the existing threads. Then thread in the brass bolt. Weld around it to build up material. We keep the heat on the low side of our mig. Remove the bolt, face the surface and chase the threads. It took us several...
  20. S

Need Help With Baja Jackshaft

You might have to machine some of the sprocket hub material off. Maybe next to the set screw, to allow some clearance when snugging-down the outer bolt. I would do some measuring and figure out where material has to be removed.