Search results

1. S

Swap Meet at Allied Leisure new location

Mini Bike Swap Meet at Allied Leisure’s new location. 19276 Middlebelt, Livonia Saturday, November 13th 0900-1600 This used to include snowmobiles as well.
  2. S

Crankshaft drill guides for 5/16-24

I am making some. The finish is nothing to write home about, the fit is. They are sized for 3/4” crankshafts with an oilite bushing insert used for 5/8” shafts. Drilled for 70-75% of full thread. Use a high quality Letter I drill, Tap Magic cutting fluid or equivalent, and a high quality...
  3. S

Lil Indian Tribute at Autorama

I just read a bit about a gathering of bikes at Cobo Autorama. Feb. 28- March 1. The Detroit Fire Department Clown Team will have their new truck along with their vintage F-100 rig. Maybe see some folks there
  4. S

Help with donated engines

Hey everyone. I have the task of finding good homes for a bunch of donated flat heads. If anyone can point me in a good direction, it would help a bunch. They are 3 1/2 hp and smaller, down to a Briggs for Powr Kraft 2hp copper edger motor. None are real desirable, but still deserve a good...
  5. S

Need a bearing today, anybody?

We blew a bearing on the tiller at the parade today. I need two 1 3/8” OD x 5/8” ID x 1/2” wide. Either flange or split ring. Ill be driving to you from Chelsea, Michigan
  6. S

Foot pegs, I have issues...

I’m trying to standardize the foot pegs on our fleet of minis. They have to be fold-up design for transport. I really like the Motovox, Baja style of peg. I take a stock peg and add another extension loop of bar stock to lengthen it to allow clown shoes to have positive grip on it. The...
  7. S

DB30S questions, now it’s a parade machine!

So I have this bike donated to the Clown Team. To make any machine parade- ready, We usually increase the horsepower a bit. Then put a torque convertor or jackshaft on it. Add the best street tires and tubes I can find. Build and install a super functional two piece chain guard. Torque...
  8. S

Predator 212 recoil starter assembly

Could anyone suggest a reliable source for the above? Are there different cup and recoil designs? Thanks, we got a bike down that i need running for Thanksgiving day parade. Steve
  9. S

We have a Viza Motors Venom donated to us

Got this donated scooter here. Do any of you folks have much time around these things? We cleaned it up and are thinking about putting it back on the road for parades. It looks like a decent design. A clown with a flashing red LED light on their helmet might be a crowd pleaser. After a...
  10. S

2 horse came home with me

Sorry, not enough signal for an image just now. 60102 940165 6206123 Kind of mint or pea green with the Briggs and Stratton EZ pull decal, no hp tho. Came off a rototiller Almost an exact twin to the 2hp on the Horney Toad 60102 0267-01 71122 Both are Vacu-Jet slide choke powerplants. More to follow
  11. S

Mud flaps

Semi truck mud flap. Layout tools. Stanley knife, fresh blade. Non-ferrous grinding wheel with a dog-bone profile made on it. Respirator too, little specks of mud flap everywhere. Crude but functional, Clown tough.
  12. S

Go-Ped engine fuel-oil mix brands?

We are putting the Go-Ped back on the road! The new Chung Yang R230 Taiwan-built engine runs 25:1 gas:oil. Which brand and product should we purchase to run this crowd pleaser machine? It will get it’s own, new, heavily labeled gas can. We run Opti-2 and Rec 90 with Sea Foam in all our two...
  13. S

Anyone using a valve lash adjusting tool?

I’m thinking about buying a dedicated valve lash adjusting tool set. CTS or Motion Pro or some other. I’m leaning towards CTS since there are more tool options for different engines. Anyone happy with theirs?
  14. S

Had to pump the brakes the other day

No bike parts... Snapper snow blower auger shroud.
  15. S

MM80 replacement engine choice?

Hey everyone, the grandkids have put enough hours on the stock 79cc Lifan that it’s replacement time. I’m buying the HRM jackshaft kit, so the four bolt output side mount is a must. No engine upgrades are expected until they are big enough for a hemi powered bike. Once they are too big for...
  16. S

What is it?

A friend’s beautiful bike. What engine was on it originally? I’m gonna start the search for one soon.
  17. S

Whirlwind rear tire = unobtanium?

I’ve been searching for a rear street type tire for our Ken Bar Whirlwind bike. 15-5.50x6 Cheng Shin was on it, I believe, since it’s 1998 build year. I’ve contacted the following with no success: OldMiniBikes warehouse Coker, has the knobby, they said not so good for pavement riding. DE Miller Dennis...
  18. S

Searching for a new soldering iron, soldering station

Looking for a benchtop box control set-up. Haako, Weller or x- tronic? It’s a confusing world out there... Thanks in advance
  19. S

Bird Mini Cycle, good riding or “eh”

I haven’t been able to dig up much on the way they ride, friendly or otherwise. I’m pondering putting some time and parts into one with what looks like, at first glance, the original Tec 5. Hopefully some folks have a frequent rider with thoughts. Thanks in advance, Steve
  20. S

Eshelman tiller aerial truck build

Hey everyone, our Eshelman funny car is done, complete with lights, siren and bell. Now for the tiller-steer trailer... The following list is a best first guess... 14 foot long, the two main beams are 2”x3”x 0.065” (16 ga) steel. Clown Tillerman at the rear seat with steering. 8 foot fixed...