Search results

1. E

5" drum with flange...

In addition, the OldMiniBikes sprocket/drum does not lay flush with the OEM Bonanza rim or the Azusa 5" rim I got from OldMiniBikes. Too small for the OEM and too big for the Azusa.
  2. E

5" drum with flange...

markus, you are correct. The drum I got from OldMiniBikes is indeed 5", but will not work. The pre-drilled holes would have to be filled and new ones put in. There was no way to drill new holes without being mm's from an exsisting one. BTW, the one I got is NOS and really shows it's age. It was worth a...
  3. E

5" drum with flange...

CarPlayLB, I'm not sure if you got my question yesterday. I already have a new tire, rim, and chain all from OldMiniBikes. They sold me the 4.5" drum by mistake a while back. I will buy this 5" drum asap if it works with my set-up. I just don't know what a bendix break is. I'm confused thinking...
  4. E

5" drum with flange...

Ok. Did he get my message or is it just in the thread until he looks?
  5. E

5" drum with flange...

Greg, is that the OldMiniBikes one that CarPlayLB mentioned?
  6. E

5" drum with flange...

Pardon my inexperience but does that drum/sprocket work with the 5" drum brakes? I installed the new pads months ago and discovered the root cause. Thanks.
  7. E

5" drum with flange...

Hey everybody. I've looked up and down for a 5" drum with flange for my Bonanza with no luck. The one on now is slightly bent and makes the chain fall off at speed. Any ideas? Thanks.
  8. E

5" drum brake w/ flange

Hey everyone, I ordered a bunch of parts from OldMiniBikes this week and got the wrong drum/sprocket. Seems that they don't sell a 5" with flange although they have the drum (no flange) and the 5" brake itself. If it helps I got a new Azusa 6" Tri-Star wheel with the order, so that's what I need to...
  9. E

Will the clutch burn?

Post #12
  10. E

Will the clutch burn?

That's what I needed to hear. I'll keep everyone updated. Should a new thread be started or is this one fine? Thanks Dave.
  11. E

Will the clutch burn?

So now I'm back to square one. Do I use a jackshaft, gear it so it's slower yet make the engine work overtime. If this is a matter of clutch burn I guess I don't mind going through a few until the boy can handle the bike. Do I save the money and go w/o the js and stock up on clutches? If this is...
  12. E

Will the clutch burn?

Sorry for the confusion. I'll lay out my plan, this might be long. The bike is a 1970 Bonanza Scout MB300 (Scooterboy id'ed an identical one a few years ago). It has an H25 w/o a governor. 12T up front and 72T final drive. I'm putting a Honda (real one) GX160, 5.5 hp on in addition to new...
  13. E

Will the clutch burn?

If the "T" numbers were 12 (clutch), 12 12 (jackshaft), and 72 final drive, my ratio remains 6:1. By changing the gear on the js running the final drive, it would fractionally change? Is that how people get odd ratios like 4.10:1? My question remains, what benefit does the js offer other than...
  14. E

Will the clutch burn?

I guess I don't understand what the jackshaft accomplishes. Other than being able to line up gears, what is the benefit when I have 6:1 already? Are the two jackshaft gears the same size, if so what size? I don't mind spending the money for either a stock js (I think I would have to move the...
  15. E

Will the clutch burn?

I'm not at all confident about buying the right gears. I have a T72 on the back rim and I believe a T12 up front right now. I plan on buying a new clutch (so the "T" may change) and a final drive if I need to. This is for my 7yr. old and I can't make a mistake. I understand there are four total...
  16. E

New Guy Needs Help.....I.D. This Bike Please

I just got the exact same bike. Thank you for the info. The H25 is a 1970 on mine, the tank is black plastic (not original) but the Scout sticker is still on the clutch guard. I'm restoring it now.
  17. E

Will the clutch burn?

Hey, I heard that running at 1/3, 1/2 throttle could burn the clutch quickly. The reason I ask is because that's where I want to start my son at. If there's a smarter way, please tell. The engine is a Honda GX160 (real one) 5.5hp. I will also be using a jackshaft.
  18. E

Tires???

Thanks for the heads-up. What's the best tire (regardless of size) for lawn/field traction? Assume a child (55-75 lbs.) is riding. I'm leaning towards the basic studded, they seem tried and true. Is there a rule of thumb about wheel clearance? Plenty of tires will fit but I need to buy the right...
  19. E

Tires???

Thanks
  20. E

Bonanza front rim spacers???

It's added to the list. Thanks.