Search results

1. Picnic Boy

HS40 Question about converting from points to electronic ignition

I know little about engines but am going to try over the winter to get it running good. I recently scored an HS40 motor with lighted coil. Idles but won't run under throttle. If I convert it from points to electronic ignition, wouldl the headlights still work? Or should I just replace Coil...
  2. Picnic Boy

MTD 361-650 front Shocks

I just picked up this bike, front shocks are compressed. There is about 1/4" slack, so the springs are loose. Does anyone know if theres a way to fix or tighten these... or take them apart to add a spacer... I'm pretty sure the answer is no... Thought I'd check before purchasing replacements...
  3. Picnic Boy

Looking for Fairbanks Morse Torque Converter, for MTD Trail Flite

I replaced the old drive belt with one that must have been too wide. The retaining ring came off, it flew apart. The outer disc of the drive was damaged, took a big piece out of the inner sleeve. I put it back together and it still works, but would rather replace it if possible. If anyone has...
  4. Picnic Boy

Briggs Engine tilted on Rupp Frame

Hi, I have the opportunity to purchase a Rupp frame/roller... My Question is, would an engine with a Float Carburetor work properly when turned 20 degrees on the Rupp frame... The Any info would be appreciated... thanks